BY BLINDNESS YOU'RE DRIVEN INSANE! (I'M LOST IN ANGUISH AND GRIEF!)
SORROW WON'T WANE 'TILL YOU DIE! (A SHATTERED BODY DEEPLY HURT)
AND DARKNESS WILL COVER THE LIGHT!
IT'S GONE FOREVERMORE~!"
Set in a Fire and Brimstone Hell, those who break the many laws of this place have their souls transferred into Robot Unicorns, powered by numerous pentagrams to get the Unobtainium ore the world needs for its magickal experiments. But then one got the idea to make a clean break for freedom, knowing perfectly well he couldn't possibly escape, but hellbent to take as much as it down with him as he possibly could. If you fail to dash through a pentagram or hit the wall, you explode in a fireball of agony and are transferred into a new Robot Unicorn. Flaming imps oversee your escape, and the choirs of the damned pound along to the beat of your heart. Again, you know it is hopeless, perhaps even futile, to even comprehend escape. But at this point, you're too far gone to care. All that is left is to run and destroy.
Like the original Robot Unicorn Attack, it is also available for the iPhone for necro-tracking on the go. Unlike the original, you can play it without looking like a Girly Man. Fun-fact: this game originally debuted on the iPhone before it appeared on Adult Swim Online.
WE CLAIM THIS PAGE FOR THE HIGHLORD. GOD BLESS THE PAGE OF THE HIGHLORD.
- And I Must Scream: The unicorn exists in this state endlessly.
- American Kirby Is Hardcore: Parodied.
- Bottomless Pits: The entire world is one if you fall off the bottom of the screen.
- Darker and Edgier: It's less cheery than the original.
- Difficulty by Acceleration
- Endless Game: It's an old style 'get the highest score' game.
- Eldritch Location: The background has floating islands with tentacles!
- Evil Counterpart: Everything in the game. The shiny white robot unicorn is a black mechanical nightmare with flaming hair, the fairies are turned into imps, the stars are now pentagrams and the dolphins that appear every 5000 points are replaced with hellfish that let out horrible screams that may remind people of the Nazgul.
- "Embrace the fury."
- Fire and Brimstone Hell
- Have a Nice Death: (Inevitably) failing in different ways gets you different messages. Crash into a wall? "Your future holds nothing but pain." Smash into a pentagram? "You have collided with your dark fate." Fall off the screen? "Your blood stains the soiled ground".
- "Press Z to chase your demise again." "Press Z to relive the horror."
- Hellish Horse
- Hell on Earth: About the closest description to where this monstrosity takes place.
- Heavy Mithril: Not only does the Heavy Metal Edition apply, it's the exclusive subject of Blind Guardian.
- Made of Explodium: See Stuff Blowing Up.
- Mind Rape: The music is designed to brainwash you into playing for longer.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: Well, a Robot Unicorn at least.
- Nintendo Hard: The general consensus is that it's harder than the original version.
- One-Hit-Point Wonder: Yes, the leaders of this kingdom are that cruel.
- Randomly Generated Level: After the first two platforms, the platforms are randomly generated.
- Rated M for Manly: In contrast to the previous game.
- Real Song Theme Tune: "Battlefield" by Blind Guardian.
- Scenery Gorn: Fire and Brimstone Hell, anyone?
- Stuff Blowing Up: The aforementioned stars, and you.
- Super Speed: It speeds up leading to...
- Surprise Difficulty: It accelerates continuously, making you work even harder and upping the chance of the unicorn exploding.
- Difficulty by Region: The iPhone version of the original game is even harder than the Flash version, thanks to more unforgiving platform layouts.
- Tears of Blood: In Heavy Metal Edition these are clearly visible on the decapitated head of your unicorn when you die.
- Flaming tears of blood.
THERE ON THE BATTLEFIELD HE STANDS
DOWN ON THE BATTLEFIELD HE'S LOST
AND ON THE BATTLEFIELD IT ENDS...~!