Pizza Frenzy is a 2005 time management game developed by Sprout Games and published by Popcap Games. In there, you must help the Stromboli clan, once the reigning leaders of European pizza market, to rebuilt their lost pizza empire throughout the world. You are put in charge of the deliveries to the various (and sometimes wacky) customers and gather the tips to restore the Strombolis to their former glory.
Each map has two to four restaurants which produce pizzas with a specific topping, and you must bring the orders to the right restaurant. Take to long or deliver the wrong pizza and the Stromboli reputation will drop. Get to zero and it is game over. Also placing orders for the same toppings in a row will grand combos and more money as a result, as well as upgrading the toppings to be more valuable later on. And to make matters more hectic, several costumers are delinquants that must be brought to the police instead.
There are three modes:
- The Speed Mode, which is the regular game,
- The Memory Mode, in which the orders disappear after a few second,
- The Simon-Says Mode, in which the orders must be brought in the order they popped up.
This game includes examples of:
- Astral Finale: You think the Strombolis would be satisfied after implementing themselves in every town on Earth? WRONG! They manage to open pizzerias on the Moon and even Mars in the final levels!
- Prank Call: Some orders would turn out to be prank calls, and delivering pizzas to the prank caller will instantly end your combo, regardless of which topping he ordered.
- Sizable Snowflakes: Such flakes fall on the two arctic locations we visit (those snowflakes are actually reused assets from Iggle Pop!).
- Snowy Sleigh Bells: Heard in the music track for the arctic locations.