Its a cold autumn night in Monroe, Washington and Sarahs got no wheels and no plans, except for watching some old horror movies on TV. She gets a last minute call from the Johnsons (who saw her ad at the grocery store) to babysit their son Billy. Hoping to get $30 closer to buying a motorcycle, she gets a ride from her Mom to their house on the outskirts of town. Little does she know a simple night of babysitting will turn into an unspeakable nightmare.
Babysitter Bloodbath contains examples of the following tropes:
- Action Survivor: Sarah is really good handling the horrifying premise (and revolvers) for a teenage babysitter.
- Captain Ersatz: The killer is one of Michael Myers. In fact, the game was originally going to be downright be called Halloween, but then the game got taken down due to copyright (despite being free), so the developer changed the name and the model of the killer to look less like Myers.
- Knife Nut: What do you expect from a Michael Myers Captain Ersatz?
- Made of Iron: Sarah is visibly bloodied up from being attacked by the killer, but doesn't affect her in gameplay. Then the last hit goes in.
- Monster Clown: Neokalus Burr wears a clown motif.
- Off-Model: As part of the "PS1 game feel", a lot of the models move in a very choppy way. This was also contributed by Lazy Artist.
- Ominous Walk: Thankfully, the killer is restricted to a casual stroll just like Myers.
- Off With Her Head!: How Sarah dies if the killer gets in enough hits.
- Press X to Not Die: When you are escaping the killer for the first time, you're required to mash the button to get through the back door before you're caught.
- Retraux: The game itself was intended to have the look and feel of a PSX game.
- Revolvers Are Just Better: You kill Burr with a revolver.
- Save-Game Limits / Save Token: The only way to save is by finding VHS tapes and sliding them into VCR's.
- Shows Damage: Sarah is shown getting bloodier as she gets attacked by the killer.
- Sprint Meter: You get one in this game, it depletes fairly quickly.