Troperwall Experiment is now Live: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Troperwall/ParadoxialStratagem
Hey, what the heck are you doing on my page?! Relax, I'm assuming that you the reader must have stumbled onto this link by accident and certainly weren't actually curious enough to try and intentionally know more about me. I'm a fairly unknown troper who just kinda shows up and disappears every now and agian, but I've been around this site longer than what my statistics will tell you. I have a tendency to give a helping hand to pages...every now and again. Nowadays I kind a just hang out with my small group of R Pers. Below is a list of information if you're interested, but take heed I will not change anything about it if you disagree with information provided.
Age: 22 (currently)
Favorite Colors: Green, blue, white (colors of the Earth)
Political Compass: Left-leaning Centrist with Meritocratic and Technocratic views / No Party Affiliation
Philosophy: Realistic Optimist
Favorite Fields of Science: Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Computer Science
Additional Skills: Amateur Guitar Player, Orange Belt in Martial Arts, capable of swimming, riding a bicycle, audio-video editing and production, and safely driving.
Positive traits: Can learn quickly, is an egalitarian in regards to gender, race, and orientation, honest, tries to be kind, loyal to true friends, does not give up on things perceived to be important, tolerant of many controversial states of being. Gives nothing but best effort on important things.
Flaws: Used to be self-loathing, not very good with patience. Does not make friends easily. Romantically Ignorant. Does not handle high levels of stress well. Can come across as aloof and generally uninterested due to trust issues.
Hobbies: Sound modding, making videos about video games, music, and VGM, gaming, hiking, cycling, martial arts, cooking, writing and occasionally reading.
('Still in Progress')
- Alone Among the Couples: Been this way all my life so far. It only bothers me sometimes.
- The Anti-Nihilist: Despite all the challenges, shortcomings and flaws of the multiverse I still strive to improve it for the next generation and myself, or at the very least make the best of it.
- Apologizes a Lot: I used to have this problem, but it's downplayed nowadays.
- Arc Words: "Everything always happens for a reason, even if you don't understand it," and "I'll/we'll find a way, we always do."
- Bad Liar: The best I can pull off are half-truths, omissions, and misinformed guesses. Any real lie will cause me to start laughing at myself for it. Can be done deliberately for humor.
- Berserk Button: Due to my calm and collected nature, it takes a lot to trigger what few berserk buttons I have. If you know what's good for you, DO NOT excessively instigate me or any of my close, few friends in combat. I will do WHATEVER IT TAKES to make sure you lose and I win.
- If you value your life, NEVER intentionally hurt an innocent child around me or I WILL call you out for it at the very least.
- Beware the Nice Ones/ Good Is Not Nice: I am usually not hostile and would rather go about my life, however my brutal honesty is something to fear if you truly deserve it. Plus even though I'm not a strongman, I'm nothing close to weak in terms of physique.
- Brown Eyes: Although personally I'd have preferred gray.
- Brutal Honesty: I'd rather be known as honest but blunt instead of deceitful yet nice.
- Comically Serious: Most notably in any situation that involves NSFW humor or anything surreal/ludicrous, either giving faces that express disdain or confusion.
- The Determinator: I do not give up easily. I seem to have this defiance to failure.
- Disapproving Look: A common indicator that I'm not amused. The alternatives are much worse.
- Everybody Hates Math: Zigzagged. I don't completely suck at it, but it's definitely not my forte nor field of expertise.
- The Faceless: How I usually like to be viewed online, unless I know you well enough and feel you're trustworthy enough to see my true form. You're not missing out on much.
- The Fatalist: I believe that free-will is but a mere illusion...yet it's worth preserving as a necessary lie to function in life even if it has limitations.
- Gentleman and a Scholar: It's part of my character I strive to work on becoming every day of my life.
- Good Is Not Dumb: I may be modest about my abilities, but I'll make an exception here and say that while I'm no genius, I'm sure as hell not an idiot.
- Guilt Complex: Downplayed. Used to have this issue until I realized that there's no point in worrying about anything beyond my control.
- Hates Being Touched: Averted for very few people. Normally I'm just not comfortable with it for some reason. I won't kill you for it, but please don't...
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Used to do this often, nowadays rarely.
- His Own Worst Enemy: Downplayed. I'm still have streaks of perfectionism, but things used to be so much worse.
- Neutral Good: I do what is right not because I'm ordered or compelled to, but because I want to. I don't need some unnecessary doctrine with superfluous, and often times false, definitions of right and wrong.
- Pragmatic Hero: Although I'm not really a hero or villain in Real Life, I try to do the right thing, even if it's for no other reason than to help myself sleep better at night or be able to look in the mirror without guilt for my actions.
- Proud to Be a Geek: And don't you forget it!
- Playing Against Type: Most of the time I'm a fairly collected individual, however I can easily portray a boisterous, overly emotive type on command or even mix the two.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: I tend to do this unconsciously, but I'm not as bad I used to be.
- Sophisticated as Hell: I'm the only person I know who enjoys good chats about philosophy, science-fiction, technology and spiritualism, yet also enjoys weird internet humor and sometimes acting insane. (Then again, I don't know many people).
- Stoic: Downplayed, my emotions are restrained but they're still existent...in small amounts.
- Not So Stoic: If you're a good friend of mine, I tend to reduce the amount of restrictions I place on my emoting to the point where you'd think I was somebody else.
- Think Nothing of It: My attitude towards people if I do a favor or something nice.
- The Spook: Tends to come off this way...unless you get to know me.
- Verbal Tic: Oh where do I begin? Somehow the words "Somehow, seems, personally, honestly" and various qualifiers end up repeating in my vocabulary.
- What Is This Thing You Call "Love"??: I pretend to not understand the concept usually as a joke...or perhaps as a coping mechanism. Best not to think too deeply into it.
- Blinx the Time Sweeper
- Castle Crashers
- Crash Bandicoot (Numbers 1-5 That weren't spin-offs!)
- Dawn Of War
- Dead Rising 2
- Fallout New Vegas
- F-Zero GX
- Fire Emblem (Only played the Fates Games)
- Fuzion Frenzy
- Half Life 2
- Jet Set Radio Future
- Knights Of The Old Republic
- Left 4 Dead
- Mass Effect Trilogy
- Mechwarrior and all Battle Tech
- Metroid Prime Wii Trilogy
- Pikmin 1-2
- Portal 2
- Star Wars Republic Commando
- Star Wars The Old Republic
- Spore (BEFORE it wrecked my computer)
- Super Smash Brothers Brawl
- Team Fortress 2
- This War Of Mine
- Among The Hidden
- The City of Ember
- The Edge Chronicles
- Ender's Game
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
- The Tripod Trilogy
- Game Informer
- Dark and Troubled Past: When appropriately used as a device for strengthening a character, instead of merely making them "edgy" or "angsty", which I strongly dislike.
- Hidden Depths: You'll think twice before dismissing that seemingly average person as a nobody, they could be a ninja for all you know.
- Humongous Mecha/ Walking Tank: All impracticalities aside, it's just...beautiful engineering!
- Genius Bruiser: To the point of it being my ideal role model. Proof that one does not have to sacrifice brains for brawn or vice versa.
- Genre Buster: A perfect challenge for a perfect game.
- Loner-Turned-Friend: Perfect for Character Development!
- Power Armor: Useful when there are no mechs available.
- Science Hero: If they aren't dependent on technology, but rather remains its master.
- All Men Are Perverts: Can't tell what's worse, the fact that the media makes it seem like all men NEED to be perverted in order to be considered worthy of having their existence acknowledged by women, or the fact that it makes men look like they have about as much depth as a piece of paper.
- Chainmail Bikini: I could think of so many ways to exploit the obvious flaws of that pathetic excuse perverted men (and yes even women) call "armor."
- Casting Couch: Unethical, unprofessional, deplorable...what more is there to say?
- Double Standard: Most of them are fallacious and otherwise useless in reality.
- Good Is Dumb: Sure, there might be some heroes that are stupid, but that shouldn't be an ideal state of being.
- Human Aliens: Horribly unoriginal under most cases unless they happen to be humans that lived on another planet that just call themselves another name due to a different language.
- It's Popular, Now It Sucks!: I often refer to this trope as the "Hipster's Fallacy". The truth is just because something's popular doesn't necessarily mean it sucks, and just because something's unpopular doesn't always mean it's any good.
- Ludd Was Right: Not only do most modern examples fail to accurately reference this trope, there's a reason this advanced tech exists in the first place: necessity!
- Men Are the Expendable Gender: As a person who believes that all humans male or female are created equal, this trope offends me deeply.
- Scandal Gate: There is NO basis for adding the suffix -gate to any kind of scandal! The Watergate Hotel scandal was not the first ever recorded in history and this so-called "necessary suffix" I keep reading whenever people start reacting adversely to something is STUPID AND UNNECESSARY! Seriously, you're not making anything sound more dramatic or relevant with this naming scheme, IT HAS NO MEANING!
- Sex Equals Love: Ever heard of a rapist?
- Science Is Bad: Oh it's SOOOOO evil, having all these technological innovations that also make life not only more convenient but have revolutionized mankind for the better / sarcasm. In reality science and technology aren't inherently good nor evil, they only reflect upon those who use it and how they decide to.