Having long since shunned any hope of normalcy, Brogaglas is a radio journalist and small-time sci-fi writer. With a bachelor's in journalism (minor: international relations) but half the coursework needed for similar degrees in history and chemical engineering, his fiction tends to be quite hard- 5 on a bad day, 7 on the best. For no reason at all, he also speaks Spanish and Japanese.
Tropes Demonstrated By This Person Include:
- Always Male
- As the Good Book Says...: A habit, and one of the few he enjoys having.
- Badass Beard: Okay, it's not that badass. Every male (that can manage it) between 18 and 30 has a goatee.
- Blue Eyes
- Crazy-Prepared: It's in the job description.
- Crowning Moment Of Awesome: Stopping an aggravated assault between two wrestlers, by force, unarmed and unaided. Journalistic integrity only goes so far.
- Dumbass DJ: Averted hard. When he's running the station, he knows all you want is to hear the music. Mindless chit-chat and unfortunate humor is kept to a merciful minimum.
- Going for the Big Scoop: Running into burning buildings. Standing mere feet from med-evac helicopters. Exploring abandoned prisons and hospitals. The only thing crazy about it is that he gets paid to do it.
- Heroes Want Redheads: If history teaches us anything about him, it's this.
- Hot Scoop: Naturally.
- Intrepid Reporter: How the bills get paid.
- Just for Fun: Member of CUPS, PLATTER, and KNIVES.
- May Contain Evil: In all seriousness, Brogaglas hates puppies.
- Messy Hair
- Multicolored Hair: The envy of
Mary SuesMarty Stus everywhere, Brogaglas has blonde hair and a red beard, both of them natural.
- Neutral Good
- Obfuscating Stupidity: It's a great way to get an interview out of somebody with a chip on their shoulder.
- Otaku: Denying it is vanity.
- Perma-Stubble: Actively maintains low-grade stubble. Nobody gives you a hassle for photographing a car wreck when it looks like you've been awake for 40 straight hours.
- Perpetual Poverty: Along with every other reporter who isn't in television. Or Mitch Album.
- Real Men Love Jesus: Church on Sunday, Bible every night, altar ministry when available. There are plenty of reasons for it, including the life expectancy of people in his line of work.
- Science Hero: His superior distribution technology allows Brogaglas to outperform his rivals at the local newspaper.