- Acting for Two: In order to fully sell Dianna and Kihel being nearly perfect doubles of each other who can swap back and forth at will, they share the same voice actress.
- Fan Nickname: "Ghibli Gundam." Not just for the Ghibli Hills scenery (plus the various flying machines of the Earthers!), but the mostly-lighthearted tone of the series with its gentle and pacifistic protagonist is probably what you would really get if Studio Ghibli decided to do a Humongous Mecha story.
- He Also Did: Mechanical designer Syd Mead is better known for his works in TRON, Blade Runner and Aliens.
- Name's the Same: The WaDom is not, as the name would suggest, a member the UC (and later CE) timelines' Dom family of mobile suits, but rather an abbreviation for Walking Dome, a reference to the rounded shape of the massive weapons platform that serves as its "head".
- What Could Have Been: At one point in the draft of the ending, Dianna was supposed to be showing obvious signs of age. (She ends up using a walking stick, maybe, and sounds a little older in the final version.)
- Originally, Tomino wanted to include not just every Gundam series, but every mech series he'd ever worked on as well - this would mean that, yes, canonically, the Ideon, Zambot 3, and L-Gaim would have appeared and be part of the Gundam universe. That idea was shot down.
- After Toonami finished broadcasting Mobile Suit Gundam Wing, they approached Sunrise for another series, hoping to get this series as well as After War Gundam X. However, due to Executive Meddling, Sunrise forced them to start with the original Mobile Suit Gundam.
Trivia / ∀ Gundam