- Acting for Two: Steve Coogan not only voices the hairless Sphynx cat Ozone, but also Reginald, the cat at Duke's old home.
- Celebrity Voice Actor: Louis C.K., Eric Stonestreet, Kevin Hart, Jenny Slate, Ellie Kemper, Lake Bell, Bobby Moynihan, Hannibal Buress, and Albert Brooks.
- Dueling Movies: With Finding Dory, which also has animals in captivity. It's also a direct duel at the box office, coming about 4 weeks after Dory's premiere.
- International Coproduction: Not the film, but the Latin American Spanish dub, as it was dubbed using voice actors from almost all the Latin American countries with voice acting industries in the region, (Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, Venezuela, Chile, Perunote and the United States in Los Angeles CA.note ) something that was never tried before in Latin America, as other dubbing coproductions normally involved two or three countries at least.
- The Other Darrin: Due to allegations against him in late 2017, Louis C.K. didnt return to voice Max in the sequel. It was revealed that Patton Oswalt would take over the role.
- Playing Against Type:
- Sort of in the Japanese dub: Snowball is voiced by Ryusei Nakao, a voice actor well known for voicing villanous roles in Anime, like Frieza or Mayuri Kurotsuchi, but in foreign media, he normally tends to dub heroic roles like Darkwing Duck, Buster Bunny, Yakko Warner, and others. Snowball is anything but heroic, and one of the few times he voiced a villain in a foreign dub.
- Also from the Japanese dub, Miyuki Sawashiro's role as Gidget sounds a little bit off compared with her normal modus operandi of voicing The Cutie or the Action Girl, as she basically sounds like Cammy White after smoking a whole cigarette pack, albeit mostly when she is screaming. In the a similar way, Yūki Kaji (Norman), Mamoru Miyano (Tiberius) and Banjo Ginga (Pops) sounds very different compared with their normal modus operandi here.note
- In the Latin American dub, Eugenio Derbez as Snowball is also unusual, as he is normally typecasted with heroic roles or roles related with comedy.
- Relationship Voice Actor: In the Japanese dub:
- Ryusei Nakao (Snowball) and Kōichi Yamadera (Ozone) worked together in the Dragon Ball franchise as Frieza and Beerus respectively, in Tiny Toon Adventures as Buster Bunny and Plucky Duck respectively, and also in both Saludos Amigos and The Three Caballeros as Jose Carioca and Donald Duck respectively too.
- Mamoru Miyano (Tiberius), Ryusei Nakao (Snowball), Miyuki Sawashiro (Gidget), and Yūki Kaji (Norman) also worked together in One-Punch Man as Amai Mask, Vaccine Man, Mosquito Girl and Speed o' Sound Sonic respectively.
- Mamoru Miyano (Tiberius), Kōichi Yamadera (Ozone), Miyuki Sawashiro (Gidget), Banjo Ginga (Pops) and Mitsuaki Kanuka (Mel) worked together in Final Fantasy XV as Ignis Scientia, Titus Drautos (plus General Glauca), Aranea Highwind, Clarus Amicitia, and Libertus Ostium respectively as well.
- Mamoru Miyano (Tiberius) and Yūki Kaji (Norman) previously worked along in The Seven Deadly Sins as Gilthunder and Meliodas respectively.
- Miyuki Sawashiro (Gidget) and Kōichi Yamadera (Ozone) also worked together in Catherine as the titular character and Vincent Brooks respectively.
- What Could Have Been: A video found on the movie's Facebook page showed a variant of the Illumination Entertainment logo where a Minion is seen teasing a Beagle puppy with a ball, only to get caught in the act by a group of dogs and chased off-stage. Said variant did not make it into the final film and was instead replaced by this.
Trivia / The Secret Life of Pets