- Actor Allusion
- Matthew Lillard is one of the targets of a Serial Killer.
- Ted Levine is a police lieutenant mentoring a detective with some psychological issues.
- Eva Guerra won a local beauty pageant before she met Hector. Stephanie Sigman has also played the titular character in Miss Bala, who is a beauty queen that becomes involved in the narcotics trade.
- Dawson Casting: 27-year-old Carlos Pratts plays Gus the college student.
- Diagnosis of God: Just what is up with Sonya isn't specified, but it appears to be Asperger Syndrome-style autism. Word Of God, however, states that it is Asperger's, and the actress even has Alex Plank (creator of autism community website Wrong Planet, and someone who has Asperger's himself) as her advisor.
- Fake Nationality
- German actress Diana Kruger plays American Sonya Cross
- Colombian actress Catalina Sandino Moreno plays Mexican Alma Ruiz
- Australian actor Thomas M. Wright plays American (presumably) Steven Linder.
- Puerto Rican actor Ramón Franco plays Mexican cartel leader Fausto Galván.
- Queer Character, Queer Actor: Emily Rios portrayed Adriana Mendez, a reporter, who's a lesbian like her (and both are also Mexican-American). She gushed about getting to play a woman like herself, even in a minor role, and the directors accepting her input that Adriana's sexuality be just incidental without being the focus of her entire character.
- Real-Life Relative: Cerisola is played by Bruno Bichir, who is Demián Bichir's (Marco Ruíz) younger brother.
- What Could Have Been: The executives at FX wanted it to be set at the Ambassador Bridge between Detroit and Windsor, mirroring the Øresund Bridge episode in Bron|Broen. However, the writers were able to convince them to make the pilot episode set at the Bridge of the Americas.
Trivia / The Bridge (US)