- AFI's 100 Years... 100 Passions: #90
- Dyeing for Your Art: Meryl Streep allegedly put on 15-20 pounds of weight for her role in this film as a middle-aged housewife.
- Fake Nationality: American Meryl Streep as Italian Francesca.
- Playing Against Type: Some critics were skeptical about Dirty Harry casting himself as a romantic lead. Eastwood himself has stated that this movie is as close as he has ever been to playing himself.
- Real-Life Relative: Clint and Kyle Eastwood.
- What Could Have Been:
Trivia / The Bridges of Madison County