- Celebrity Voice Actor: In the Japanese dub, Holt is voiced by the movie actor Hidetoshi Nishijima, who some anime fans would recognize him as the voice of Kiro Honjo in The Wind Rises.
- Fan Nickname: Water For Flying Elephants
- Fake American: Irishman Colin Farrell does a rather fluent American accent for Holt Harrier. Nico Parker and Finley Hobbins (Millie and Joe) are also actually Brits doing American accents.
- Name's the Same: The name of Vandevere's amusement park is Dreamland.
- Playing Against Type: In stark contrast to the bulk of his filmography, which consists of very dark films with a few comedies sandwiched in, this is probably the most family friendly and lighthearted of Tim Burton's films next to Pee-wee's Big Adventure.
- Production Posse: This is the fourth Tim Burton movie that Michael Keaton and Danny DeVito have appeared in each (and it's a "Batman Returns Reunion" of sorts for the three of them), and the third for Eva Green. It's also Alan Arkin's second collaboration with Burton since Edward Scissorhands and his first one since Arkin's Career Resurrection in 2006. Composer Danny Elfman, production designer Rick Heinrichs, film editor Chris Lebenzon and costume designer Colleen Atwood returned to collaborate with Burton once more. DeVito even pointed out that along with Returns and Big Fish, he and Burton actually now have a "circus trilogy."
- Undermined by Reality: Disney puts out a movie about the evils of corporate mergers... just days after concluding a massive deal to buy out 20th Century Fox, and immediately started massive lay-offs. This was not lost on professional critics.
Trivia / Dumbo (2019)