- Follow the Leader: Smeghead stated in a Daily Dot article about his series that he was inspired to start Cinematic Excrement through The Spoony Experiment.
- Milestone Celebration: Hit his 100th episode in March 2018, celebrating by reviewing the classic So Bad, It's Good film Plan 9 from Outer Space.
- Missing Episode: Averted in that, despite a large number of his episodes being removed or region-locked on YouTube, the entire series is backed up on his Vimeo account... except for Episode 53 (his review of The Great Mission to Save Princess Peach!), which was removed from both his YouTube and Vimeo accounts after it came to light in April 2018 that the late Justin "JewWario" Carmical (whom Sean made the video as a tribute to) was a sexual predator.
- One of Us: Aside from his love of heavy metal, he's also shown to be quite fond of video games (At least, Nintendo games), given by him using a Wii Wheel, as well as a Dragon Quest poster in the background of some of his reviews. Plus, he's stated he's a fan of the Transformers, the original Jem and the Holograms cartoon, Dragon Ball, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- Referenced by...: In his review of "Atlantis SquarePantis", The Mysterious Mr. Enter takes note of how David Bowie guest-stars in the episode. Upon his stating of this, the "Celebrities who needed of a paycheck" counter pops up.Mr Enter: Hey, Go back to Cinematic Excrement! I prefer to use my own jokes thank you.Counter: Fuck you.
- What Could Have Been:
- He tried to get on Channel Awesome, but was unsuccessful. Following the site's misfortunes after the revelations made in March-April 2018, he doesn't regret this at all, as stated on his review of Plan 9 from Outer Space.
- Had the copy of The Adventures of Ford Fairlane he ordered arrived first, he would've reviewed that film before Ghosts Can't Do It.note
Trivia / Cinematic Excrement