A live action psychedelic comedy series from [adult swim].
A man visits a decrepit facility to seek help for impotence issues.
This facility is the headquarters of Dream Corp LLC. and its creator, Dr. Roberts. A (most likely illegal) therapy facility that delves into the patients dreamscape to find the source of their individual issue.
It's also really effing weird, with a staff that includes a stoner nurse, a sardonic robot and an oddball assistant. And now the man, dubbed Patient 88, has a job there to pay his bills. So begins his employment at Dream Corp LLC.
Dream Tropes LLC:
- An Arm and a Leg: Randy loses a hand when he sticks it in a laser. He gets a robot hand later, and barely seems to miss his original.
- Darker and Edgier: "The Krux" is largely devoid of the shows usual dark humor, instead giving a haunting look into the fractured mind of a Serial Killer. Complete with Downer Ending when Dr. Roberts, for the first time, just can't help a patient.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: The root of Patient 75's hoarding habit.
- Journey to the Center of the Mind: The most concise description of the show.
- Mushroom Samba: Patient 88 in the episode "Pickle Trip"
- Rotoscoping: How the dream world is portrayed, in a manner similar to the adaptation of A Scanner Darkly.
- Rise of Zitboy: Randy gets the mother of all pimples on his neck in "Woomba". Which turns out to be full of bugs.
- Running Gag: "Sign spinners. I hate those guys."
- The Shut-In: Randy. He hasn't left the building in 16 years because he went to Dream Corp to cure his fear of heights and ended up catching Agoraphobia
- You Are Number 6: Patient 88 is given this designation after his arrival, and is referred to as such even after he starts working there. All patients are referred to by a numbered designation, as Dr. Roberts explains.Dr. Roberts: "The number dehumanizes you, allowing us to concentrate more fully on the science, It's like not naming a farm animal before you're eventually gonna slaughter it"