Superstar Limo is a dark ride that opened with Disney's California Adventure in 2001.
On the ride, guests rode purple stretch limos through a cartoony rendition of Hollywood on their way to a movie premiere. Along the way, they encountered celebrities such as Drew Carey, Whoopi Goldberg and Antonio Banderas.
It was, to put it bluntly, an incredibly unpopular ride and wound up closing in 2002. A few years later, it was replaced by a Monsters, Inc.-themed dark ride called Monsters Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!.
Tropes featured in Superstar Limo included:
- The Cameo:
- Disney Acid Sequence: Pretty much the whole ride.
- Not Zilla: Godzilla-like feet stomping a city can be seen in the movie studio portion of the attraction.
- Pun: Cindy Crawford is seen outside of a perfume store called "Dollars and Scents".
- Real Person Cameo: The attraction featured Regis Philbin, Melanie Griffith, Antonio Banderas, Cindy Crawford, Tim Allen, Jackie Chan, Drew Carey, Cher, and Whoopi Goldberg... or rather, mannequins of them.
- Short-Runners: The attraction only operated for less than a year, making it the second shortest Disney lived ride right after the Phantom Boats from Tomorrowland in 1956.