After crash-landing in the town of Arcadia, the royals — now disguised as humans — search for suitable technology to peer their ship.
Tropes for this episode include:
- Alien Among Us: Now having crashed on Earth, Aja, Krel and Varvatos have to blend in to a planet they have never heard of or seen before. Hilarity Ensues.
- Bizarre Taste in Food: Despite having never had it before, Aja manages to eat an entire Diablo Maxima Breakfast burrito (established in "The Reckless Club" as being a food that can cripple someone for an entire day if not properly acclimated to it) in only a few bites. To Toby's amazement, she goes for seconds.
- Dogs Love Fire Hydrants: When Luug finds a fire-hydrant for the first time, he raises his leg against it. Cue Hydrant Geyser when it turns out he shoots lasers for waste.
- Girl Scouts Are Evil: Downplayed. While Aja, Krel and Varvatos are out exploring Arcadia, a little girl who is a scout holds Varvatos' hand, pointing to a missing patch spot on her sash, implying that she is doing it to earn a badge. When he refuses, suddenly an entire squad of scouts appear as they gang up on him and carry him across the street.
- Honesty Is the Best Policy: Señor Uhl does not ease up on Aja and Krel until they open up about how their home has suffered a coup. While he assumes they are talking about an Earth country, he is still very sympathetic and helpful.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: While Señor Uhl was portrayed as the only teacher with no Hidden Depths in Trollhunters, here he gets a moment of humanity. He sympathizes with Aja and Krel when they tell him that they had escaped the chaos of a coup in their "home country", vowing that Arcadia Oak High will be a haven for them until they can return home.
- Line-of-Sight Name: Aja and Krel came up with the name "Cantaloupia" from a canteloupe poster behind Señor Uhl.
- Literal-Minded: When the store clerk tells Detective Scott that the three tried to shoplift a record, they think she means that they tried to literally lift the shop. Bonus points for Varvatos actually trying to do this.
- MacGuffin: The Daxial Array was lost in their escape from Akiridion-5. Without it, not only will the ship not be able to leave Earth, but the ship has a limited amount of power, which they are rapidly draining in order to hide. They have a limited amount of time before the ship loses all power and the King and Queen die before they can be properly regenerated.
- My Eyes Are Leaking: After their human disguises wear off, Aja is shedding tears, her emotions fresh from pouring her heart out to Señor Uhl. Considering that Akiridions are energy based life-forms and their human disguises are holographic skins, they are unfamiliar with the concept. She even namedrops the trope.
- Running Gag: Whenever Krel asks someone where they could find a Daxial Array, they ask if that is the name of a band.
- Singer Namedrop: When Krel asks Señor Uhl if they had a Daxial Array, he responds that he had never heard of them and that he only listens to Barry Manilow. When they say they've never heard of him, Uhl is furious.
- Stand-In Parents: When Señor Uhl demands to see Aja and Krel's parents, they program two blank robots with human data, including false skins. However, since MOTHER programmed them with its limited, out-of-date American culture knowledge, they turned them into Up to Eleven caricatures of a House Wife and Standard '50s Father. Naturally, Señor Uhl thinks they are completely insane and calls child services.
- Super Reflexes: Aja was able to scale the rope in gym in mere seconds while Couch Lawrence wasn't looking.