When the planet's monarchies are overthrown by a coup, royal alien teens Aja and Krel flee to Earth accompanied by their brutish bodyguard.
Tropes for this episode include:
- Big "NO!": Vex when the king and queen fall to laser fire.
- The Coup: The exiled General Morando launches his invasion before the King has a chance to spar with Krel.
- Feuding Families: According to the King and Queen, they were both members of royal families at war with each other before they married.
- Fighting Your Friend: After his coronation as "King-in-waiting," Krel is set in a ceremonial duel with Varvatos Vex. Being the Large Ham Blood Knight that he is, Vex does not go easy on him. His father eventually decides to give him a break by swapping in.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Zarda stays behind to fight the Taylon chasing the royals.
- Insignificant Little Blue Planet: Earth was chosen to be their hiding place because it is the last planet in the known universe that Morando would think to look for them (the other one being sucked into a black hole at the time). Even then MOTHER describes it as a little ball of water and mud named after dirt.
- Not Quite Dead: The King and Queen's physical forms are destroyed in the coup, but since Akaridions are energy beings, they can still be revived as long as their cores remain intact.
- Oh, No... Not Again!: Everyone's reactions to Aja running away.
- Reluctant Ruler: Aja apparently has a habit of running off and avoiding her duties as a princess. The episode starts with her sneaking off into the city in a hooded robe, and her parents show very little surprise when they realize that she's run off.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: The King and Queen lead their troops into battle against Morando while also helping the civilians escape.