The Scranton Business Park holds their Charity Casino Night in the D-M warehouse. Michael invites both Jan and Carol to the party.
Air Date: May 11, 2006
- Aborted Arc: Toby mentions that he got a great thrill out of taking money from Michael and says he may chase that feeling. This was to hint that he would develop a gambling addiction, which is what Kevin would develop next season.
- Big Damn Kiss: One of the biggest of the series.
- Black Best Friend: Subverted. Michael has asked Darryl to help him understand Black culture. Darryl can't help messing with him, by teaching him ridiculous phrases and handshakes.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Jim finally reveals his feelings to Pam.
- Continuity Nod: We get to see Dwight interacting with the bobble head he received for Valentine's Day.
- Dude, Not Funny!: According to Michael, there are some subjects that are off-limits.I hope to someday live in a world where a person can tell a hilarious AIDS joke.
- A Good Name for a Rock Band: Pam has to watch audition tapes for wedding bands. Some of these include Scrantonicity and Til Death Do Us Rock.
- Fridge Horror: In-universe, as well as out of universe. Dwight is wearing the tuxedo of a deceased family member...who was buried in it. After he tells the story of his "family heirloom," Jim and Pam stop and think about this factoid.
- Has a Type : When Carol and Jan are standing side by side, you see that Michael has a type: sleek, blonde, well put-together, etc.
- Hidden Depths: Kevin is good at poker. Phyllis still beats him.
- The Magic Poker Equation: Phyllis wins, despite only playing for fun.
- Malaproper: Michael calls himself a "great philanderer."
- Manly Tears: Jim sheds a few. John Krasinski is a great crier.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Michael to Toby.I hate so much about the way that you choose to be.
- "Stop Having Fun" Guys: In-Universe. Michael sees Toby as this when he says that they will not be having a Boy Scout troop at the event, even though Toby points out that having children at a casino-themed event with gambling and alcohol in their warehouse on a school night is not a good idea.
- Sweet Tooth: Kelly's drink order.One seven and seven, eight maraschino cherries, sugar on the rim, blended if you can.
- Tempting Fate: Kevin says he's pretty good at poker because he once won a tournament. He's then beaten by Phyllis.
- Wham Episode: Particularly in the Jim and Pam story arc.
- Wham Line : Jim to Pam.I'm in love with you...I just needed you to know. Once.
- Who's on First?: Afghanistanis with AIDS.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: Dwight thinks he's found Jim's tell by saying that he coughs every time he has good cards. As it turns out, Jim really is just coughing, and he has no idea why Dwight folds every time he coughs.