This episode aired February 24, 2019.
A race is going on at the Colossus, with Hype Fazon in the lead, as usual. As Captain Doza watches, Commander Pyre, via hologram, tries to convince him to cancel the races, suggesting the racers are to blame for the pirates getting in. Doza refuses, and Pyre responds with a veiled threat.
At Aunt Z's, the Aleena Grevel gets into a confrontation with a First Order ball droid, before leaving. Neeku rushes in to tell Kaz and Tam about another Ace trial to be held next week, meaning one of them could join the Aces. Kaz and Tam argue again about the First Order's presence, with Tam still believing that they make the platform more secure and Kaz retorting that soon it'll be so secure that no one will be able to do anything. Two stormtroopers enter the bar and leave a propaganda hologram, leaving Aunt Z rather put out.
Pyre sees Doza in person and successfully pressures him into cancelling all races on the grounds of security. When Doza breaks this news to the Aces, all of them are upset, especially Hype, who storms out with his droid. When he gets to the hangar where the Green Ace is stored, he finds a few stormtroopers putting a gravity lock on it and tries to stop them, but backs down when he realizes he's surrounded. In the repair shop, Kaz and Tam are repairing the damage to the Fireball from Kaz's last trip. Tam is suspicious after finding carbon scoring, but before she can question Kaz more, Neeku races in to announce that the races are cancelled and the Aces grounded.
Back at Aunt Z's, Kaz, Tam and Neeku are talking to the proprietor when a distressed Torra enters, asking if anyones seen Hype. Aunt Z blames the First Order for his disappearance, causing a First Order droid nearby to summon backup. The stormtroopers duly arrive, looking for the disturbance. Tam explains that theyre just worried about their friend Hype, and the lead trooper claims that he left the Colossus earlier in the morning. Tam buys it, but Kaz and Torra dont. When the trooper tells Kaz, Torra and Tam that they could all have a future in the First Order, Aunt Z dismisses the idea and throws the propaganda pad at him. Team Fireball and Torra leave.
Kaz agrees to help Torra find Hype. The First Order's takeover has resulted in various areas of the tower being declared off-limits, even to Torra, so they enter covertly. They find the Green Ace still in the hangar, gravity lock attached. Torra is certain Hype would never leave his beloved ship behind, and she remarks that he had made his dislike of the First Order well known. At Aunt Z's, Glitch, struggling to serve a bunch of angry customers alone, confirms to Kaz, Torra, and CB-23 that Aunt Z was arrested. Elsewhere, a line of cargo containers on a dock is shown. Hype, Aunt Z, Grevel, and Grevel's minion Nod are in one of the containers, having all been arrested for showing defiance to the First Order.
Kaz and Torra return to the repair shop to talk to Yeager and are surprised to see Captain Doza speaking with him in his office. The First Order is indeed arresting people, and holding them in storage containers to be shipped offworld. Anyone who pushes against their authority too hard will get arrested, including Doza and Torra. Yeager and Doza are trying to reopen communications with the Resistance, and they give Kaz and Torra the go-ahead to rescue Hype and Aunt Z. Outside in the repair shop, Kaz and Torra meet a suspicious Tam, but they reveal nothing to her.
That evening, Kaz, Torra and CB-23 head out onto the precarious network of pipes suspended on the underside of the Colossus. A few close calls later, they make their way across and locate the container that Hype and Aunt Z are in. Kaz explains his plan: the prisoners cant be broken out because the stormtroopers will tear the Colossus apart searching for them, so instead, he and Torra will steal the transport that's going to take them off world so they can escape on it.
Kaz and Torra find the transport and hide under the gangplank as the stormtroopers and the prisoners approach. When the prisoners board the ship, Kaz and Torra jump the two stormtroopers guarding the ramp, while Aunt Z knocks out two others. During the scuffle, a blow from a stormtrooper nearly knocks Kaz over the edge of the platform. Hype, noticing Kazs dilemma, psychs himself up and disarms the stormtrooper before punching him off the platform. He gives Kaz a hand up, with thanks exchanged. Aunt Z and Hype intend to fly the transport ship to Takodana to meet a friend of Aunt Z. The ship leaves. Kaz and Torra, heading off to safer parts of the Colossus, discuss the rescue and then part ways.
Kaz and CB-23 return to the repair shop and are met with a squad of stormtroopers, led by Commander Pyre, holding Team Fireball at blaster-point: the entire crew is under arrest.
- Bad Liar: Kaz's tendency to cover up his spy work to Tam this way catches up to him, with her outright telling the oblivious Neeku that she's confident there's something weird going on. If it wasn't for her blind spot regarding the First Order, Kaz would probably be willing to be more open with her...
- Bait-and-Switch: After Kaz tells Torra he's come up with a way to sneak into the tower, the next scene is CB-23 pushing a cart stacked with crates up to the door. The stormtroopers note it isn't a routine delivery and open the crate... only to find, instead of Kaz or Torra, several gorgs. While the troopers are distracted dealing with the pesky critters, Kaz and Torra sneak by them into the turbolift.
- The Bus Came Back: Grevel, the Aleena that Kaz owed money to back in the first two episodes, is one of the citizens detained by the First Order. Nod, one of his goons, is also imprisoned.
- In "The High Tower", Hype refused to participate in escorting a First Order freighter to the Colossus, making it clear he dislikes them. Now, that disdain gets him disappeared.
- In "The New Trooper", Commander Pyre revealed the First Order's plans to arrest all Colossus residents who didn't support them. Now, they're putting the plan into action, detaining every resident who shows even the slightest bit of disrespect to their personnel.
- The Green Ace has a gravity lock placed on it.
- Cliffhanger: The episode ends with the First Order about to arrest Team Fireball.
- Continuity Nod:
- When Pyre comes to see him in his office, Captain Doza tells Torra to go to her room.
- Tam is suspicious when she finds carbon scoring on the Fireball from Kaz's trip with Poe, leading her to ask him if he was in a battle.
- Tam's history with Hype makes it easy for her to believe that he just left the Colossus without telling anyone.
- When Kaz asks him if he can fly the stolen transport, Hype says the same thing that Poe will be telling Finn soon: "I can fly anything."
- Cool Old Gal: Aunt Z refuses to be intimidated by the stormtroopers when they hassle her customers and try to put up recruitment posters in her cantina. Even after her disobedience lands her in jail, she continues yelling at them.
- Deadly Euphemism: Citizens of the Colossus who are missing have "disappeared" or "left" according to the First Order, but in truth, they've been detained by the First Order.
- Defiant Captive: Aunt Z continues cursing out the First Order mooks after being locked in a cargo container.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Kaz and Tam's argument about whether or not the First Order is there to help them or not sounds like many a real-life political discussion time over again. Kaz argues that the First Order is forcing people to stay on the platform and depriving them of their freedom while instating unnecessarily strict rules, while Tam argues that this is for their own safety & security and that sacrificing some values has to be done for the greater good. If Tam's argument wasn't already invalidated by the audience already knowing that the First Order is evil, there would likely be very similar discussions about this in the fanbase.
- Downer Ending: Kaz and Torra have successfully helped Aunt Z, Hype and a few others escape Castilon and the First Order's custody, but then he gets back to the repair shop to find stormtroopers about to arrest Team Fireball.
- Hanging by the Fingers: Kaz does this after nearly being knocked off the platform by the stormtrooper he attacked during the rescue.
- Hot-Blooded: Hype and Grevel are locked up for picking fights with the stormtroopers.
- Human Ladder: Hype is unwillingly used as a Rodian ladder by Aunt Z when she wants to look out of the cargo container's air vent, twice. Both times, he has good reason to complain as Aunt Z is much heavier than him.
- Implausible Deniability: Twice.
- When Tam finds carbon scoring on the Fireball while repairing the damage from the last trip Kaz took it on, she asks him outright if he was in a battle. He swiftly claims the damage is from a rough atmospheric re-entry, and that he was just "out and about".
- Then, after Kaz and Torra come out of Yeager's office after talking to him and Captain Doza, who give them the go-ahead to rescue Hype and Aunt Z, they tell Tam that they're just planning a party to cheer people up after the cancellation of the races. This leads Tam to state after they leave that now she's confident there's something going on with Kaz.
- Oh, Crap!: Kaz and CB-23, when they come back to the repair shop to find the rest of Team Fireball being held at gunpoint by Pyre and his troopers.
- One Degree of Separation: Aunt Z and Hype head to Takodana to hide out with a friend of hers, who is implied to be Maz Kanata.
- Plummet Perspective: Just before jumping over a gap while traversing the underside of the Colossus, Torra looks to see how far down the water is, getting a bit nervous.
- Synchronous Episodes: The episode overlaps with The Force Awakens, following on from the previous episode taking place just before Poe's mission to Jakku that opens up the movie.
- Take My Hand: After punching the stormtrooper threatening Kaz off the side of the Colossus, Hype helps him up.
- Tempting Fate: When Kaz points out that the First Order will eventually find out they're missing a transport, Torra responds that the First Order will have no way of knowing who was responsible. When Kaz gets back to the repair shop, Team Fireball is under arrest.
- We Need a Distraction: Kaz and Torra distract the stormtroopers guarding the door to the tower lift by having CB-23 push a laden cart up to the troopers. They notice it's an unscheduled delivery and open up the crates... only to be met with a number of angry gorgs, leaving them too distracted dealing with the pesky creatures to notice Kaz and Torra slipping into the lift.
- Wham Shot: Kaz returns to Yeager's garage to find it full of stormtroopers led by Commander Pyre, holding Team Fireball at blasterpoint:Pyre: Kazuda Xiono. You and your friends are under arrest, by command of the First Order.