Man Ray Returns
When Man Ray rents out Squidward's house for the weekend, SpongeBob and Patrick must put a stop to his evil vacation.
"Man Ray Returns" contains examples of:
- Brick Joke: When Man Ray complains about wanting to be on vacation, SpongeBob retorts, "Evil never takes a vacation." Man Ray likes the line so much that he asks if he can use. When he repeats it later in the episode, SpongeBob and Patrick admit that it does sound a lot cooler when Man Ray says it.
- Evil All Along: Despite Man Ray wanting to take a vacation, only for it to be disrupted by SpongeBob and Patrick, he confesses to them at the end that he gave Squidward a phony check.
- Human Popsicle: Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy are shown cryogenically frozen.
- Interactive Narrator: When the TV Announcer acknowledges Man Ray getting out of the cab, Man Ray tell him to keep it down because he's on vacation rather than doing anything evil.
- Insistent Terminology: Happens when Patrick finds a bra in Squidward's suitcase.Squidward: It's not a bra! It's a pectoral girdle!
- Medium Blending: When he leaves Squidward's house, Man Ray hops on a live-action plastic scuba diver that swims away.
- Oh, Crap!: Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy have this reaction after waking up from their cryo sleep when SpongeBob and Patrick steal their rings.
- Villains Out Shopping: The episode focuses on Man Ray taking a vacation.
Larry the Floor Manager
When Mr. Krabs goes away on a temporary vacation, he makes Larry the Lobster the temporary manager of the Krusty Krab.
"Larry the Floor Manager" contains examples of:
- Disproportionate Retribution: Mr. Krabs trying to kill Squidward for dropping a napkin on the floor.
- Call-Back: Larry mentions the gym he now runs from "Larry's Gym".
- Jabba Table Manners: Larry is disgusted by the eating habits of the customers, not helped by SpongeBob doing the same in front of Larry.
- Something We Forgot: When Larry and the gym guys finally leave, they take the equipment and the rope net with Squidward still tangled in it.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Larry becomes this when he turns the Krusty Krab into a gym to help the customers get into shape, denying them the krabby patties they came for.