Airdate: May 27, 1998
Kyle tries to save his brother, Ike, from being circumcised (which the boys think is akin to castration), while Mr. Mackey gets fired for an anti-drug lecture gone wrong.
"Ike's Wee Wee" contains examples of:
- Big "WHAT?!": Sheila says her trademark "What-what-WHAT?!?" when Kyle reveals Ike is not dead and is in Nebraska.
- Continuity Nod:
- One of the pictures Ike shows Kyle includes the elephant from "An Elephant Makes Love to a Pig".
- One of the parents who mocks Mackey is Bill's dad, last seen in "Damien".
- Drugs Are Bad: The Trope Namer. This is the first episode where Mackey uses the famous catchphrase.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Bebe's mother makes a cameo when the train drops Ike off to Nebraska. She would later be identified as Bebe's mother in "Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society".
- Even Evil Has Standards: When Kyle's parents cry over Ike allegedly getting killed, Cartman shoots him a nasty look. Though, it should be noted that Cartman wasnt evil during this time in the show.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Literally invoked and subverted. This episode marks the first time "shit" has ever been said uncensored on the show. On the episode's original airing, Mr. Mackey's "I don't need to take your right-wing authoritative bullshit!" was said unbleeped. It was caught immediately and bleeped on all subsequent reruns and the Season 2 DVD release. But then, the uncensored line was finally heard again in the HD remastered version.
- Hypocritical Humour: Mr Mackey's ex-landlord brags about how he's never taken drugs and he's just fine...while chomping on a cigar and threatening to kill his former tenant.
- Imagine Spot: Stan imagines Kyle's parents as hellish beings who want to cut his penis off.
- It's Pronounced "Tro-PAY": Mr Mackey refers to cannabis as "Mary d'you wanna?".
- Karma Houdini: Mr Garrison chains off Mr Mackey's entire subplot by stealing his marijuana for the school lecture. He is never found out by anyone else in the school, leading Mackey to get fired.
- Mythology Gag: Kyle saying to Cartman "No, not ham you fat fuck" is a nod to the original Jesus vs. Santa short.
- Poor Communication Kills: The entire plot comes about because Chef gets tired of constantly explaining everything to the boys and pull a Screw This, I'm Outta Here! before telling them exactly what a circumcision is. Had he told them that it just involves removing a person's foreskin rather than their entire penis, the whole mess could have been avoided.
- Rule of Symbolism: When Mr Mackey embraces the hippy lifestyle, he loosens his tie, which not only causes his head to deflate to a proportionate size, but also makes him look younger. It's essentially saying that being an uptight white-collar type who avoided drugs didn't agree with him while taking drugs that would have loosened him up was actually just what he needed.
- Share the Male Pain: The boys freak when they confuse a circumcision for castration and actively try to protect Ike. Even after it's explained to them what a circumcision actually is, they still faint when Ike's occurs.
- Spoof Aesop: Mr Mackey's life actually seems pretty sweet after he takes LSD. He gets to sleep with a hot hippy girl who elopes with him to India and he finds personal fulfillment. Not to mention he gets better-looking after loosening his tie. Becomes Ignored Aesop after he goes through rehab and continues telling the kids that drugs are bad, M'kay?
- Strange Minds Think Alike: Chef says to the boys that "there's a time and a place for everything, and it's called college". Later, the rehab lady says the same thing to Mr. Mackey. And in the season four episode "The Tooth Fairy's Tats 2000", the kids say this when Chef thinks that the boys' pimp clothes and wads of cash are from drug-dealing.
- They Killed Kenny Again: Kenny falls into an open grave and is crushed by the tombstone. Kyle's too pissed off to say "You bastards." in anything more than a monotone.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: The boys casually talk to Mr. Mackey's head as a balloon as it floats past them.
- This was only a hallucination brought on by Mackey taking LSD; he was probably not actually a floating balloon.
- Watch It Stoned: Mr Garrison watches Teletubbies while completely stoned out of his mind on cannabis.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: In-universe example: Mr. Mackey gives the students a bowl of marijuana to briefly sniff and pass around, but after a while neither he nor the kids know who has the marijuana. One scene later, it is shown that Mr. Garrison has it, but nobody else knows.
- What Were You Thinking?: Kyle makes an Ike doll out of bones from a butcher shop which backfires when a dog starts tearing it apart. When the dog gets hit by a tanker truck, Stan and Cartman glare at Kyle as Mr. and Mrs. Broflovski cry.