Air date: April 17, 2019
My Three Suns
- Written by: Rachel Lipman
The kids can't play shadow tag because the Sun keeps going behind clouds. Mindy wants the sun to be out all the time! Face 9000 tells them about a system with not one, but three suns! That sounds like a place where there would be shadows all the time. Celery takes them to visit in the family saucer.
- Absentee Actor: Carrot isn't in this episode.
- Cannot Tell a Joke: Face 9000 tries to take up comedy, but fails due to not being funny.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: In a literal example of this, in "My Three Suns", Sean screams "Bathroom stop now!" while in the saucer. Of course, there are no bathrooms in the saucer or in space, so we can only assume that he went in his pants.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Face was jealous that the kids found Sunspot to be funnier than him.
- Imagine Spot: Sean, Sydney, and Jet all have imagine spots about what it would be like to live on a planet with 3 moons. Sean imagines never being able to sleep, Sydney imagines having too many birthdays, and Jet imagines playing shadow tag and then being unable to find anyone.
- Impossible Shadow Puppets: The kids learn how to make some very hard shadow puppets towards the end of the episode.
- Innocently Insensitive: Celery is clearly this, as she didn't let Sean go to the bathroom, in the name of learning.
- Insistent Terminology: Face 9000 demands that the kids call him "Funny Face".
- "Knock Knock" Joke: Face 9000 tries to tell one, but fails.
- Rule of Three: The kids have three daymares as to what it would be like to live on a planet with 3 suns.
- Running Gag: Face trying to be funny.
- Strawberry Shorthand: Sydney reveals that she likes strawberry cupcakes.
- Void Between the Worlds: During Jet's Imagine Spot, he eventually ends up in a black void, unable to find anyone.
- Written by: Joe Purdy
Sean becomes an amateur magician called the Great Seanzo, dazzling the other kids with magnet tricks. Jet becomes fascinated by magnets, and they all explore the various things magnets can do, culminating in a magic magnet show for Carrot.
- Absentee Actor: Celery and Face aren't in this episode.
- Continuity Nod: Mitchell's scooter from "Try and Try Again" makes another appearance.
- Dogs Hate Squirrels: At the end of the episode, Cody barks at Floyd the Squirrel and chases after him.
- Good Luck Charm: This episode reveals that Mitchell wears a lucky magnet under his jacket.
- Hidden Depths: It is revealed that Sean is a great magician.
- One Of These Is Not Like The Others: While the kids wear standard top hats for their magic show, Mindy wears a pink hat. She claims that it's the only hat she could find in 2 seconds.
- Pull a Rabbit out of My Hat: A variant; Sean attempts to pull Sunspot out of a box as part of his magic show.
- Shout-Out: The title of this episode is a reference to Magnum, P.I..
- Stage Magician: The episode reveals that Sean is an amateur magician called The Great Seanzo. Later, the kids put on a magic show for Carrot using magnets.
- Whatever Happened to the Mouse?: We never find out what Mitchell's "top-secret" detective case was. When he appears again at the end of the episode, he only wonders why Sunspot appears to be tap-dancing on the ceiling, and is then dragged away by Cody.
- What Have We Ear?: Sean pulls a magnet out of Sunspot's ear.