Air date: April 18, 2019
- Written by: Craig Bartlett
Sunspot is behaving rather strangely. As it turns out, the sunspots on the sun affect his behavior.
- A Day in the Limelight: Sunspot is the focus of this episode.
- The Cameo: Mitchell makes a cameo in this episode, for no real reason.
- Cloudcuckoolander: While Sunspot usually acts weird, he acts even weirder in this episode.
- Gasp!: When Sunspot says "No, thank you", all the kids do a dramatic gasp.
- Gratuitous French: Celery says "Bon appetit, as the French Earthies say".
- Meaningful Name: This episode reveals that Sunspot gets his name from the sunspots on the sun, as well as the fact that the spot on his tummy looks like a sun.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: While the kids are concerned about Sunspot's weird behavior, what really shocks them is when Sunspot refuses to eat a hoagie.
- Out of Character: Sunspot doesn't act like his usual self throughout the episode. This is justified though, as Sunspot acts strange whenever there's a huge sunspot on the sun.
- Overly-Long Tongue: This episode shows that Sunspot's tongue is very long.
- Power Glows: Due to the sun's effects on him, Sunspot's tummy glows throughout the episode.
- Reflective Eyes: Sunspot gets these eyes when he sees the sun.
- Jet says "Set the controls for the heart of the sun!", which is a reference to the Pink Floyd song "Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun".
- When Mindy says "Round and round she goes, where she stops, nobody knows!" is a reference to The Original Amateur Hour.
- Sick Episode: Sunspot's weird behavior is treated as an illness.
- Snake Charmer: Carrot plays some typical snake charming music, and Sunspot's tongue wiggles like a snake.
- Suddenly Voiced: Sunspot had never said anything before, but in this episode, he says "No, thank you" and "I am lovable, aren't I?".
- Wham Episode: This episode reveals that Sunspot has a connection to the sunspots on the sun, and when under its influence, he can speak.
- Wham Line: "No, thank you" and "I am lovable, aren't I?", both spoken by Sunspot.
Our Sun is a Star!
- Written by: Rachel Lipman
Mindy is having a sleepover with Lillian and wants to sleep outside under the stars, but it's January and thus much too cold to do so. Mindy has to re-learn that since the sun is a star, she is technically under a star all the time.
- Agent Scully: Mitchell isn't convinced that there are other suns in the universe. Mindy was also this at first, but eventually learned that our sun is, well, a star.
- Binocular Shot: Used in this episode by Mitchell.
- Character Check: Even though Mitchell has been taking a level in kindness in Season 2, in this episode, he's just as mean as he was in Season 1. However, this episode takes place in January, and Mr. Peterson is shown taking down Christmas decorations, so it's possible that this episode could have taken place after "Holidays in Boxwood Terrace", where Mitchell becomes part of the group. That episode was one of the very last Season 1 episodes, and Mitchell didn't start becoming nicer until "Try and Try Again", a Season 2 episode.
- Cool Shades: Dr. Rafferty gives the kids some colored sunglasses to wear so they can see what it's like to live on a planet with a different colored sun. Jet has a little too much fun with it, much to Mitchell's annoyance.
- Don't Try This at Home: When Dr. Rafferty conducts her experiment with the campfire and poker, she warns the kids to not try the experiment at home.
- Fainting: Mitchell faints when Sunspot gets up close to him.
- Idiot Ball: Mindy grabs the idiot ball in this episode. In "How We Found Your Sun", she learned that the sun is a star, but in this episode, she's somehow convinced that the sun isn't a star.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: When Jet lifts his sunglasses up and down so it appears that Mitchell is turning orange and then back to his normal color, he says this: "Orange you glad you're not permanently orange?".
- Series Continuity Error: In "How We Found Your Sun", Mindy learned that the sun is a star, but in this episode, she doesn't think that the sun is a star.
- Shout-Out: The Arm & Hammer baking powder parody appears again.
- Show Within a Show: Hilda Horse's First Sleepover, the book that Mindy's mom was going to read to her and Lillian.
- Shy Finger-Twiddling: Sean does this at one point.
- Slumber Party: Mindy plans to have one with Lillian. They wanted to have it outside, but they later take it indoors.
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Mindy, as usual. Carrot, Dr. Rafferty, Mr. Peterson, Mitchell, and Lillian were very lucky to appear in the episode at all.