Against all sense, the destruction of Planet Vegeta throws Bardock into a strange alien world, harassed by a very familiar (Okay, not that familiar) alien tyrant.
- Adaptational Jerkass: Bardock absolutely does not become a genuine hero to the primitive Saiyans here. He ends up doing most of the same things, but his attitude makes it clear that none of it was out of the goodness of his heart.
- All Just a Dream: The whole special turns out to be a nonsensical story Goku is telling Gohan. And that turns out to be a dream of Gohan's... while Piccolo is watching him sleep.
- Composite Character;
- The Plant people are just an indigenous race from Planet Plant, and material further revealed in the 2010's would make it clear they are not Saiyans nor related to them. Here, they are primitive Saiyans.
- Bardock is now the Legendary Super Saiyan.
- Bizarre Alien Reproduction: Bardock kicking one of the Saiyans gets it pregnant.
- Do Wrong, Right: Bardock criticizes a couple of Chilled's men because their village terrorizing techniques are extremely amateur and lack backbone. During the credits scene, he ends up giving them some pointers.
- Everyone Has Standards: Bardock only steps in to save Dray from Chilled's men because the situation was rapidly devolving into a gang-rape innuendo.
- Fun with Acronyms: The Primitive Saiyans have a healing salve called S.P.U.G. (pronounced Spooge), short for Super Polymorphic Unleashing Gel.
- Jumping the Shark: Lampshaded In-Universe. When Bardock realizes that he's in the past, the sheer shark-jumping nature of it all causes him to go Super Saiyan.
- Nominal Hero: Bardock doesn't really care about the past Saiyans, and actually hates them. He only helps them fight Chilled because he ends up getting pissed off about the Time Travel, with Chilled being nearby as a convenient punching bag.
- Oh My Gods!: Bardock: Ah, Space Christ, what now?
- Shout-Out: A subtle one, when Chilled is dying:Chilled: Before I die, I have one more decree. All of our most elite warriors must learn dance choreography... got to style... all over our opponents' balls.
- Take That!: This episode pulls no punches when making fun of the original special for being a blatant act of Bardock pandering.
- Theme Naming: All the primitive Saiyans are named after rappers. Chilled starts the Freeza Force Edible Theme Naming by decreeing that all of his underlings will be named after fruit from now on.