The peaceful days of Earth are disrupted when an evil, all-powerful alien tyrant with campy elite soldiers descends onto the planet. His one goal is to destroy Goku, for he is...Not Freeza. It's his brother, Cooler.
Cooler: I... can't help but feel we're both missing some context here..
- The movie opens with a repeat of Cooler's cameo appearance from Bardock: Father of Goku Abridged, albeit with different dialogue. Here, Cooler predicts that Freeza's sloppiness in destroying the saiyans will come back to bite him. When time snaps forward to Cooler being told of his brother's demise at the hands of a saiyan on Namek, Cooler triumphantly gloats that he was right.Cooler: Well, I do hope somebody picks up that phone... because I f*cking CALLED IT!
- When Cooler's henchmen do their Quirky Miniboss Squad poses reminiscent of the Ginyu Force, Goku gets a sense of deja mustard.
- Goku's first line to Cooler once he turns Super Saiyan is a reference to a brand of candy bar... though unlike when he made the Kit-Kat one-liner to Freeza, quoting the tagline of Snickers doesn't really make sense as a threat.
- The movie opens with a repeat of Cooler's cameo appearance from Bardock: Father of Goku Abridged, albeit with different dialogue. Here, Cooler predicts that Freeza's sloppiness in destroying the saiyans will come back to bite him. When time snaps forward to Cooler being told of his brother's demise at the hands of a saiyan on Namek, Cooler triumphantly gloats that he was right.
- Carnivore Confusion: Krillin cooks a pork stew for the gang, only to realize the problem when Oolong asks what's in it. He hastily corrects his answer mid-word to "porpoise", but Sauza spills the beans later.Oolong: ROT IN HELL, KRILLIN! I ALMOST ATE THAT!
- Eat the Dog: At the end of the special, Goku eats Icarus.
- Forgot About His Powers: Piccolo's extending arms are briefly utilized for the first and only time since Dragon Ball, to Nail's surprise.Nail: Wow, I didn't know we could do that.
Piccolo: Yeah, I forget about 'em sometimes, too.
- Oblivious to His Own Description: Piccolo tries to poke fun at the Armored Squadron's obvious Quirky Miniboss Squad setup by predicting their gimmicks, but it falls flat:Piccolo: Alright, I think I got this. Pretty one; stupid one; one with weird powers.
Doore: Oi! I appreciate that, but I'd say I'm more handsome than pretty!
Sauza: And my powers are not that weird!
Neiz: (Hissing roar)
Piccolo: Okay, I take it back; you're all stupid.
- Quirky Miniboss Squad: Cooler's Armored Squadron serves as Cooler's equivalent to the Ginyu Force under Freeza, transparently enough that even Goku finds the whole routine familiar. Piccolo also instantly recognizes the setup and mocks them for it.
- After transforming, Cooler says, "Tonight, I dine on monkey soup."
- Cooler tells Goku, "When your planet is in ashes, then you have my permission to die."
- Space "X": Sauza, who identifies himself as a "space frenchman". There's also his final words:I will see you in Space Hell... Cousin Jeice.