Day 1: The Night of the Murder
- Just imagine being in young Avilio's position — it's his birthday. His father, Testa, has come home, and he and his younger brother Luce are hiding, waiting to surprise their dad. However, Vincent and two of his men arrive...with the intent to kill Testa. And after a brief fight, Testa is shot. Luce runs out to comfort his mother. And while Elena tries to get Vincent to spare her son, he simply ignores her pleas and executes both.
Day 2: Phantom of Falsehood
- Fango using his girlfriend as a human shield against Avilio's assassination attempt.
Day 3: Where the Footfalls Lead
Day 4: Losing to Win, and What Comes After
- When the cop who harasses Goliath takes a look into his stolen wagon, he finds the unfortunate previous owner stuffed inside a barrel. Goliath locks the man into a death vice-grip, demanding the whereabouts of Nero. The cop tells everything he knows begging for mercy, only for his body to be crushed until it finally cracks.
Day 5: Blood Will have Blood
- Frate's willingness to kill Nero if means having the Galassias as protectors for the Vanetti family.
Day 6: To Slaughter a Pig
- Fango once again shows his craziness by killing Orco and putting his remains in the lasagna that he fed to Orco's men.
- How did they know it was Orco's remains? One of them bit on one of his teeth.
Day 7: A Poor Player
- Just the fact that Avilio expertly planned to have Nero kill his own younger brother, Frate. When Avilio said he would take revenge for his family, he meant business.
Day 8: Behind the Curtain
- Nero showing how ruthless he is in this episode — when Delphy refuses to take bribes and continues to investigate the Vanetti family, Nero decides to kill his family. Which includes his four-year-old daughter. Despite having a soft side for kids and regret over the murder of the Lagusa family, he's willing to get his hands dirty if it means protecting the Vanettis.
- While killing Fango was a great feat on Corteo's part, it's also downright nerve-wracking to see the usual sweet guy go ballistic.
- He shatters a liquor bottle over Fango's head, then stabs him in the throat with the broken neck, causing blood to pour out of it like a fountain. Corteo then proceeds to grab the telephone receiver in the room and repeatedly smash it into Fango's head. The sound of the skipping record doesn't stop until the end credits come up.
Day 11: All For Nothing
- Throughout the episode, Avilio keeps seeing a black silhouette of Corteo appear in the distance during sudden moments. Its unnerving to see how the recent events have been taking a toll on him.
- The way Del Toro takes out his would-be assassins is pretty brutal. The first guy who stabbed him gets his neck snapped by his bare hands and the second guy is stabbed in the throat with his own knife.
- The way the usually cool and collected Barbero starts losing his temper in the interrogation with Avilio. He goes from talking normally to angrily yelling while torturing Avilio and calling him a Devil for making Nero lose his mind.
- When Don Galassia is shot dead by Avilio, Strega tells his men to kill off all of the Vanettis and starts turning the opera house into a bloodbath of bullets and corpses.