- James Rolfe encourages fans to come up with remixes or covers of the Nerd's theme song, which he sometimes plays on the show. Many of his catchphrases are also frequently invoked and imitated.
- The sound clip (and portrait) of him yelling "ass" is one of the most-common memetic catchphrases used, typically in remixes of popular melodies on Youtube.
- Some other popular phrases: "What a shitload of fuck." / "This game is ass!" / "WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!!"
- The "Where did YOU learn to fly?" from his Atari Jaguar review was given a Shout-Out by Spoony when a similar floating head appeared in his review of Terror T.R.A.X.
- "Kill all babies?!"
- He uses one himself, "Welcome to die!" from the X-Men arcade game, as he destroys the NES games based on the franchise in much the same fashion as Magneto.
- From Cinemassacre Mailbag Episode 3: "Live like a windrammer as you fuck"
- "BEE-SHEVENTEHN BAWWWWWWMMMMEERRRRRR!"
- "This game sucks my spider-balls!"
- "Where did their hair go?!"
- "BIG MUTHAFUCKING RIGS!"
- From his Shit Pickle videos, "Monkey cheese" has been used as an alternate descriptor for Word-Salad Humor.
- A lesser example is "What a horrible night to have a curse."
- A◊ few◊ images◊ have Mike's pants crease in ways that make it look like he has a massive dick. The AVGN fandom completely lost its collective shit.Youtube Commenter: 90% = Comments about Mike's penis/10% = Comments asking why everyone is talking about Mike's penis
- "Awww, come on, you really want to make me play this? Well, I'm gonna do it just for you. Cause I like ya a lot."
- The Nerd and the Nostalgia Critic having a cameo in◊ Unlimited Psychic Squad. The meme was acknowledged and ascended by James and Doug with this picture that Doug put up on his Facebook◊, with the caption "We couldn't resist."
- "Oh don't you talk about my boxes! I LIKE BOXES!"
- "Hot pink, dammit!"
- The entirety of Mike's Minecraft review co-starring Inspector Gadget became this for a little while thanks to SiIvaGunner. Namely, "I love to build brown bricks with Minecrap."
- "You're a poopyhead!"
- "Hey. You wanna listen to some tunes?"
- "HOLY SHIT, IT'S SPIDER-MAN!"
- 64 bits... 32 bits... 16 bits, 8 bits, 4 bits, 2 BITS, 1 BIT, HALF BIT, QUARTER BIT, THE WRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME!!!!!!!!
- The pen throw during his response against the Nostalgia Critic is oft-parodied, by cutting to a fatal stab wound scene and made it like the Nerd's pen throw did it. Or sometimes, someone threw a sharp object, the Nerd grabs the object (actually just his pen throw played backwards) and puts it to his pocket like nobody's business.
Memes / The Angry Video Game Nerd