Swap ↔ Swap is a comedic Yuri manga by Tomekichi that runs in Manga Time Kirara Carat. It stars two schoolgirls, the popular and beautiful Nikaido Natsuko, and the shy yet brilliant Ichinose Haruko, who learn that they can switch bodies by kissing.
This manga contains examples of:
- Accidental Kiss: The girls first switch bodies after accidentally bumping into each other.
- A-Cup Angst: Haruko is very fixated on Natsuko's bust size compared to her own. It makes her genuinely reluctant to swap back the first time they switch bodies.
- Big Eater:
- Yume is frequently shown eating large amounts without concern for gaining weight. When Natsuko visits her house (as Haruko) she brings in a huge cake and plans on eating at least half. In cooking class, she has a substantially bigger portion than the others get after everything's done because otherwise it wouldn't be enough.
- Haruko has the desire, if not the ability. She initiated a body swap with Natsuko simply to be able to eat her cooking twice and, when Yume states she can eat large amounts without gaining weight, Haruko's immediate response is to see if she can kiss-swap with Yume.
- Brainy Brunette: Haruko gets a 100% on the test in her introduction.
- "Double, Double" Title: The title is a duplication of the word "Swap", named for the body swap mechanic.
- Dumb Blonde: Natsuko is introduced by getting a 0% on her test.
- Empty Eyes: For some reason, Haruko is always depicted this way and whenever she swaps with Natsuko, the latter's eyes turn this way, too. Apparently, it is even noticeable in-universe, since that's how Akiho figures out that Haruko actually controls Natsuko's body when they first meet.
- Establishing Character Moment: Haruko aces her test in the first chapter, while Natsuko gets a zero.
- Fanservice: Haruko has some shower scenes, Natsuko has just one. There's also a Pool Episode with all the girls in bikinis.
- "Freaky Friday" Flip: The first chapter has that happen when the girls kiss and don't know how to turn back. They eventually control it.
- Mistaken for Gay: The girls are found kissing each other in the bathroom (In order to change bodies). Haruko rolls with it, going so far as to kiss Natsuko and claim she's the dominant one, though from Yume's and Satsuki's perspective, Haruko kissed Natsuko, then Natsuko proclaimed herself the dominant one.Haruko (as Natsuko): As you can see, I am the dominant one!
Satsuki: Ah, sure, you're the one initiating it, Natsuko.
Haruko (to herself): Ah, I made a mistake.
- Sacred First Kiss: When Haruko gets accidentally kissed, she isn't too pleased.
- Slipstream: The only main supernatural elements is the body-swapping.
- Tareme Eyes: Akiho has them, fitting her soft-spoken and gentle personality, and keeps them even in Fuyuki's body.
- Temporal Theme Naming: The series uses the same theme naming for its four body-swapping leads as Haru Natsu Aki Fuyu: Haruko ("haru" is Japanese for "spring"), Natsuko ("summer"), Akiho ("autumn"), Fuyumi ("winter").
- Tsurime Eyes: Fuyumi has them, fitting her rough and impulsive personality, and keeps them even in Akiho's body.
- Yonkoma: The manga is written like that.