Shōnen Maid (少年メイド, Shōnen Meido, lit. "Boy Maid") is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Ototachibana. A 12-episode anime television series adaptation aired between April and July 2016.
After the tragic death of his mother, Chihiro Komiya, an orphaned fourth grader in elementary school, is left with no close relatives or even a place to live. This all changes when he meets Madoka Takatori, a wealthy but eccentric young man who is revealed to be his long lost uncle from his mother's side of the family; when Madoka noticed that Chihiro has nowhere else to go, he decides to take in the young boy to live with him. However, when Chihiro first sees his uncle's large mansion all messed up and filled with nothing but garbage-(since it's always like that) he decides to employ himself as Madoka's official housekeeper while wearing a frilly maid uniform and getting paid with allowance every month.
Shōnen Maid provides examples of:
- 12-Episode Anime
- Alliterative Name: Hanako Hino
- Bishōnen: Chihiro. Essentially he's a child Meido.
- Cheerful Child: Hanako is a happy and energetic little girl.
- Child Prodigy: Chihiro is very intelligent, getting straight A's and has aspirations to be a hotel baron.
- Curtains Match the Window: Yuji Hino has silver hair and eyes.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Chihiro dresses in a feminine maid outfit, to go with his Bishōnen looks.
- Idol Singer: Ryūji, Hayato, and Ibuki, are all part of an idol band called Uchouten.
- Massive Numbered Siblings: The Hino family consists of 6 kids.
- Motherly Side Plait: Chiyo.
- Neat Freak: Chihiro.
- Oblivious to Love: Keiichirou seems oblivious (or is feigning obliviousness) to Miyako's feelings for him.
- One-Note Cook: Chiyo was bad at cooking except for tamagoyaki.
- Parental Abandonment: Chihiro begins working as a maid at his wealthy uncle's home after his mother dies. His father died shortly after he was born.
- Princess Phase: Hanako is very much into princesses.
- Puppy Love: Yuu apparently has romantic feelings for Chihiro.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Chihiro to his mother.
- Supreme Chef: Chihiro and Miyako are both terrific cooks.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome: Hayato.
- Wise Beyond His Years: He is mature for his age, having been taught by his mother that those who don't work don't eat; he is also friendly and extremely independent for his age.