A Stock Phrase used in situations involving racing or being chased. Variations swap other words for "dust" depending on the environment.
open/close all folders
- The Far Side has one strip where the crew of the Santa Maria sail past the Pinta, waving a giant banner reading "EAT OUR WAKE PINTAHEADS".
- In Finding Nemo, When Marlin and Dory race through the jellyfish, Marlin tells Dory "You're about to eat my bubbles!"
- Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs, A gazelle mocks Diego after outrunning him.
Gazelle: Eat my dust, dingo!
- National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation: Clark Griswold accidentally mixes the idioms "eat my dust" and "burn rubber".
Clark Griswold: I'm going to pull around them... Burn some dust here. Eat my rubber!
Rusty Griswold: Dad, I think you mean burn rubber and eat my dust.
Clark Griswold: Whatever, Russ.
- Year One: While Cain is trying to flee his father Adam on a slow-moving camel:
Cain: Eat my dust, father!
- This is the title of a Roger Corman film starring Ron Howard, who only agreed to star in it after Corman promised to let him direct a later film.
- In The Red Green Show, when Red is turning a pair of dryers into a lawn roller, he keeps the exhaust ducts from both dryers because...
Red: Nothing says 'power' like dual exhausts. Just screams "Eat my lint!"
- In the original London production of Andrew Lloyd Webber's rock musical Starlight Express, after being unable to win the final race, Electra the Electric Train's song "No Comeback" features various ways of saying farewell in different languages. This concludes with "Eat my dust!" The number was cut from subsequent versions of the show.
- Nintendo game Eliminator Boat Duel features character "Vicious Vicky". Right before the second race against her, she says, "We're gonna have a drag [race] and you're gonna eat my wake!"
- One achievement in Ōkami is called "Eat My Flower Trail". Because Amaterasu leaves a trail of plant life when she sprints.
- Sega Genesis game Road Rash 3: When you place poorly in a race, you'll sometimes be treated to another racer telling you, "I was trying to get you to eat my dust, but it settled before you got there."
- In the Jelly Jamm episode "A Day at the Races", mina says this line to Bello as the two are bragging about how they are sure they will win the race first.
- SpongeBob SquarePants, "The Fry Cook Games": when SpongeBob gives Patrick this line, Patrick responds with "I'll be eating my own dust!".
Spongebob: Not if I eat it first!
- Transformers: Prime: said by Knock Out when he was pursued by Arcee with Vince as his hostage.
- The Simpsons "The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons": While Homer is hiding out in the Springfield Retirement Castle, he starts using one of their motorized wheelchairs. He gets in a race with Jasper to get the best seat in the dining room, but eventually gets fed up and just runs to the table, uttering this line.