The third note officially licensed My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic chapter book of a series of books by G. M. Berrow, and part of the overall My Little Pony Generation 4 universe. Just like the previous two books, this also takes place some time after season threenote . This book focuses on Rainbow Dash's do-anything nature as well as the conflict between her go-it-alone nature and her friends' offers of support.
This book provides examples of:
- Acquired Situational Narcissism: After Rainbow Dash completes her dares, she becomes recognized as Daring Dash and her ego floats up again.
- Blazing Inferno Hellfire Sauce: The South Amareican chili pepper. A couple of them would be a valid pest control method for farmers, and one bite caused Rainbow Dash to hallucinate and spew rainbow-colored fire.
- Continuity Nod:
- The last time Rainbow Dash was particularly egotistical about her deeds was mentioned. The lesson appears to have worn off. Rainbow Danger Dash is brought up again as well.
- Also mentioned is the time when she saved Rarity in the Canterlot Best Young Flyers Competition. Apparently her feat has been upgraded to a Double Rainboom, a possible nod to a fan episode and Rainbow Dash's issue in the comic.
- When Rainbow Dash mentions that she wouldn't be surprised if Daring Do was a real pony, the rest of the Mane Six shoot her a stern look.
- Cosplay: Rainbow Dash wears a Daring Do costume during her quest.
- Does Not Like Spam: Rainbow Dash does not like chili peppers.
- Genre Shift: Slice of Life to adventure with the introduction of a villain near the end.
- It May Help You on Your Quest: The toolkit Rainbow Dash gets from the rest of the Mane Six for her quest to obtain the Half-Gilded Horseshoe.
- Never Smile at a Crocodile: The book introduces colossa-gators, gigantic alligators about the size of an ursa minor with iridiscent, green scales and red, glowing eyes.
- Serious Business: Rainbow Dash regards a double dare from Wild Fire as particularly serious.