Enchanted, Inc. and its sequels are a fantasy series by Shanna Swendson about the adventures of Katie Chandler in New York City after she learns that she is an immune and can not be fooled by magic — and so is vastly useful to the magical business.
Books in the series:
- Enchanted, Inc.
- Once upon Stilettos
- Damsel under Stress
- Don't Hex with Texas
- Much Ado about Magic
- No Quest for the Wicked
- Kiss and Spell
- All a Part of the Job: In Once upon Stilettos, a gargoyle security guard's response when Katie thanks it for saving her.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Katie muses on this trope when she sees how powerful Owen is, and how attractive it makes him. She's never been attracted to bad boys, but maybe the thrill is the dangerousness, not the actual evil; she explicitly wonders if the potential is enough or you have to do actual bad things to qualify as a bad boy.
- Anti-Magic: Katie has this as an inherent property.
- Bad Boss: Mimi, Katie's current boss, is the reason why Katie is so eager to jump on the new job.
- Divided We Fall: In Once Upon Stilettos, they discover someone was at Owen's desk and hunt for The Mole. It may even be an operation to get them all Hanging Separately, they realize.
- Empowered Badass Normal: Katie after the end of book six. She finds out in book seven that it's more of a case of Superpowers For A Day, or in her case, until the magic runs out.
- Frog Jerkass — why do you think they are turned into frogs in the first place?
- How Many Fingers?: This is how Owen tests Katie for a concussion.
- Hot Scientist
- Love at First Sight: Turns out to be the cure for a spell.
- Medicate the Medium: Katie can temporarily lose her magic immunity when dosed with antidepressants.
- The Mole: In Once Upon Stilettos, they discover someone was at Owen's desk and hunt for the spy. It may even be an operation to get them all Divided We Fall.
- Not a Game: In Shanna Swendson's Don't Hex with Texas, Owen tells Dean that magic is not a game.
- Our Gargoyles Rock: Gargoyles appear to be statues to the muggles but magical people see them as moving, talking creatures. They are still made of stone, can fly and can gain power from resting on the roof of a church.
- Public Domain Character: Merlin from the King Arthur stories.
- Romantic Comedy: Katie finds herself living in one in Kiss and Spell after (a) being taken prisoner by elves, and (b) watching romantic comedies before that. The magic morphs her and Owen into a situation where she's a lowly barista at a bookstore with a boring boyfriend and Owen is her hot new boss. This situation does not turn out to be as cool as she thought it might be from the movies.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: Small town Texas girl Katie moves to NYC and thinks it's common to spot people wandering around wearing wings and the like, especially since nobody else seems fazed by it. Turns out she just is immune to magic and sees things as they really are.
- Woman Scorned: Ari goes through a lot of men, and blames them for every break-up — so she has an excuse for revenge.