Tropes A to K (Berserk Button, Big Brother Instinct, Bowdlerise, Broken Aesop, Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass, Famous Last Words, Hypocrite, Jerkass, Jerkass Has a Point) | Tropes L to Z (Nice Guy, Ship Tease, Shout-Out, Took a Level in Kindness, Wham Episode, Wham Line) | Anime and Others
- Sasuke Uchiha wavers for quite a while between being a straight-up Jerkass (especially after the Time Skip) and a Jerk with a Heart of Gold and/or having a Hidden Heart of Gold; despite his constant posturing, and especially prior to his Heroic BSoD (Rival edition) and FaceHeel Turn courtesy of his Aloof Big Brother, he is shown warming up to his team mates and putting his life on the line to protect them. Then he Jumps Off The Slippery Slope, which is a pity.
- Neji Hyuuga is introduced as this, looking down on those he saw as weaker than himnote until Naruto beats it out of him. Before this happened, the nicest thing we have seen him do is offer his cousin a chance to surrender before their match. And then, for all intents and purposes, he tries to kill her and only fails because the adults in charge are quick enough to jump in and stop him. And then he has the audacity to get upset and cry favoritism when they stop him from essentially murdering his defenseless cousin.Kurenai: [thinking while looking at Hinata] Oh no, she's going into cardiac arrest... [glares at Neji] Was he really trying to kill her?
Neji: [smugly] I wouldn't waste time glaring at me when you really should be taking care of her.
- Gaara, at first, was a complete sociopath who killed people just for annoying him.
- Sai, at his beginnings, justified by No Social Skills. It progressively fades away with time, but Sai remains the one willing to bluntly tell the unpleasant truths.
- Suigetsu Hozuki, who's a total dick to everyone who he knows won't respond with violence.
- Danzo Shimura. If you take into account that he has never spent a second thought reflecting on what effects his actions have had nor the people who are just as dedicated to peace as him (Shisui, the original Akatsuki) or unaffiliated with the shinobi world anymore (Kabuto's foster mother Yakushi Nonou) then he undoubtedly qualifies for this trope.
- When he isn't killing everything in sight, Hidan is a fucking dick to everyone he's not supposed to kill. For example, he taunts Team 10 and their dead sensei, whom he killed in order to provoke them.
- Madara Uchiha is such a dick that not even Kurama, the nine-tailed fox, a self-proclaimed "living mass of malevolence," can stand him. The moment the man came on to the scene, Kurama immediately initiated an Enemy Mine with Naruto, who he has served as an Enemy Within for most of the series. Uchiha Madara is pretty much the biggest dick in the entire series, and that says a lot.
- In fact almost everyone who has ever met and spoken to this man hates his guts. Even his long-time accomplice Tobi, aka Obito Uchiha, reveals that he doesn't care for him all that much either. The only people who can tolerate him are Senju Hashirama, who was once his best friend, and Izuna, his brother, though Madara did everything he could to hate Hashirama and, in rejecting his assistance, essentially let Izuna die.
- Also, constantly referring to the Bijuu as filthy beasts certainly qualifies him as such. Remember that it's been established that all the Tailed Beasts have their own names and feelings; Madara keeps alluding that the Bijuu are nothing more than mindless monsters running around unsupervised and that they deserved to have a leash tied around their necks. What a jerk.
- Mizuki. He once murdered a comrade for being "too weak", and he reveals the truth about Naruto's origins with sadistic glee.
- Shinno from Naruto Shippuden the Movie: Bonds turns out to be a major asshole under his guise as a good doctor.
- Maroi from Naruto the Movie: Blood Prison is Bee's friend and was asked by him to protect Naruto. Naruto realizes, Maroi was very willing to let him die.