SS Doomtrooper is a 2006 Sci-Fi Horror war Syfy Channel Original Movie. It concerns a group of Allied soldiers sent to destroy a Nazi Super Soldier.
This film contains examples of:
- Antagonist Title
- Been There, Shaped History: Malloy was one of the many men on the ground during D-Day.
- Big Bad: Dr. Ullman, the Mad Scientist who made the Doomtrooper.
- Big Bad Wannabe: Lieutenant Reinhard outranks Ullman, and tries to regulate his experiments, but he's never really treated with respect and Ullman kills him halfway through the film.
- Boxed Crook: Most of Malloy's unit are convicted felons that he gathered or their skills in such tasks as theft and impersonation. He convinces his bosses to offer them pardons if they succeed.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Nazi Lieutenant Reinhard is disgusted by Ullman's experiments, only allowing them to continue out of desperation. He eventually tries to pull the plug, and is shot for it.
- Generic Doomsday Villain: The Doomtrooper is a ravenous monster that only knows destruction, tantamount to a living gun pointed at the Nazis' enemies.. Despite being formerly human, we never learn of its previous personality either.
- Irish Explosives Expert: Digger seems to genuinely believe that every problem can be solved with explosives.
- La Résistance: The Americans meet up with a French Resistance unit during the chaos.
- Nuclear Nasty: The Doomtrooper is a mutated monster made by nuclear radiation. It lives only to kill.
- Shock and Awe: The Doomtrooper an electrocute people by touching them.
- The Sociopath: Dr. Ullman, a coldhearted Mad Scientist doing experiments to make Nazi super soldiers. He does not care about his bosses' cause, only that he can win the war and revolutionize genetics at the same time.
- Super Soldier: The Doomtrooper, a hulking monster with a machine gun attached to its arm.
- Villain Opening Scene: Ullman showing Reinhard around the base, and turning one of his soldiers into the Doomtrooper.