"Nobody can escape..."
Bloodsuckers from Outer Space is a 1984 Horror comedy film.
An alien force arrives on Earth and makes farmers into vampires.
This film contains examples of:
- Antagonist Title: The protagonist is Jeff.
- Arch-Enemy: The Lifeforce is this to Jeff, since it makes almost everybody he cares about into a bloodsucker.
- Big Bad: The Lifeforce controlling the bloodsuckers.
- Bittersweet Ending: Jeff and Julie escape the bloodsuckers alive and presumably live Happily Ever After. However, a Methodist camp is nuked by mistake, and the bloodsuckers are still around.
- Conspiracy Theorist: Joe is convinced that the Communists use pornographic satellite TV to control minds, and Catholics use Spanish-language satellite TV for the same.
- Generic Doomsday Villain: The Lifeforce just kinda shows up one day and starts turning people into vampires. It doesn't even get a corporeal form, much less a personality.
- Gory Deadly Overkill Title of Fatal Death: Parodied
- Hillbilly Horrors: Vampires in a small Texas town.
- Kryptonite Factor: The Lifeforce is neutralized by nitrous oxide.
- Not Using the "Z" Word: Vampiric variant. The vampires are consistently called "bloodsuckers."
- Our Vampires Are Different: Bloodsuckers are aliens who possess humans and get a craving for blood. They do not transfer vampirism with a bite. Draining blood just kills the victims. The Sun doesn't kill them.
- Villain Opening Scene: The film starts with a farmer being possessed by the Lifeforce.