Goku/Anne Frank: Until the End of Time is an infamous crossover shipping fanfic which crosses over Dragonball Z and Anne Frank's The Diary of a Young Girl (yes, the actual real-world diary of a young Holocaust victim). Son Goku travels to the past into Anne's room, they fall in love, Goku saves her from Nazis and has a grand battle with Hitler. Yeah, it's that kind of fic.
An animated adaptation was created in 2015 by MugiMikey.
You came here expecting to find a madman, but instead, you found these TROPES!
- Artistic License Religion: At the end, Anne and Goku are married by "the reverend", despite the fact that Anne is Jewish and Goku presumably isn't a Christian either.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Hitler, unlike all of his Mooks, puts up a mighty fight.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Although you could probably apply this to any DBZ character that isn't Goku, one particular example that stands out is Chi-Chi, Goku's Wife in canon.
- Crack Fic: As if the very idea of crossing these particular works wasn't bizarre in itself, we then get the infamous Hitler fight scene.
- Damage-Proof Vehicle: In part 2, Goku leaps into tank and proceeds to easily destroy scores of German troops without a scratch. Apparently, Goku's sheer might extends somehow to the entirely mundane vehicle he's driving.
- 11th-Hour Superpower: Goku becoming a "Super Ultra Power Saiyan" to take down Hitler once and for all.
- Heroic Second Wind: At the end, Goku is badly battered and nearly defeated by Adolf Hitler, but then, due to The Power of Love, suddenly becomes a "Super Ultra Power Saiyan" and destroys Hitler in the blink of an eye.
- Love at First Sight: Anne and Goku almost immediately fall in love the moment Goku appears in her room.
- More Dakka: Confronted by Goku, Hitler opens the fight by grabbing a nearby chaingun and firing it at him.
- Real-Person Fic: Anne Frank being the "real person" here.
- Red String of Fate: Referenced in part 2:Little did she know, however, that their lives were tied by the unbreakable red string of fate.
- Shout-Out: "You came here expecting to find a madman, but instead, you found a GOD!" is a verbatim quote from the Street Fighter movie.
- Spared by the Adaptation: Anne Frank doesn't die in this fic like she did in the real-life events her diary ended on. Instead, she changes her name and starts a new life with Goku.
- Title Drop: Three times, in fact:Anne never forgot him, though... not until the end of time.Goku smiled. "Anything for you, my dear." He said. "Our love will never be lost...not until the end of time."And they would always be together, until the end of time.
- Troll Fic: Written pretty much to get a rise out of people.
- We Didn't Start the Führer: It turns out Hitler was actually a Saiyan.
- Weird Crossover: And how.
- You Can Barely Stand: Near the end of the fight, Super Saiyan Hitler nearly completely defeats Goku with a single punch.The Nazi leader laughed. "You still want to fight? Don't you know when to give up, boy? You can hardly walk. And you expect to beat ME? Conqueror of Europe?"
MugiMikey's animated adaptation additionally contains examples of:
- Anachronism Stew: Anne has a Justin Bieber poster in her room.
- Bloody Hilarious: There's a lot of over-the-top violence in the short, including Goku ripping out a Nazi's intestines and taking a bite out of them for some reason.
- Evil Laugh: Hitler lets out one when looking over his parading army.
- Shout-Out: "I can break these cuffs!"
- Travel Montage: A dotted line is shown on the map of Europe as Anne and Goku fly from Amsterdam to Berlin.