Just Go With It takes place a year after the first season, and revolves around Becks younger sisters, Allison "Aly" Oliver, the Deadpan Snarker, and Gwendolyn Gwen Oliver, the Cloud Cuckoo Lander and occasional Dumb Blonde. The main focus of the story is their lives at Hollywood Arts and at home, and how they deal with all the trials and adventures that their antics bring them. And Beck and the rest of the gang always end up going along for the ride, as well.
Not to be confused with the 2011 movie of the same name.
Just Go with It provides examples of:
- Alpha Bitch: Olivia "Liv" Jackson can been seen as this, especially to Aly.
- Ask a Stupid Question...: A good example from chapter 17...Gwen: Aly did something nice for Tori!
Beck: Tori Vega?
Jade: (sarcastically) No, Tori Spelling.
- Big Brother Instinct: Beck has shown to be very protective of his sisters, especially when it comes to them dating.
- Chastity Couple: Gwen and David, to a tee.
- Cool Big Sis: Aly is this to Gwen.
- Cloud Cuckoolanders Minder: Again, Aly can be this when her sister is involved.
- Cute Bruiser: Even though she's been described as having an almost childish cuteness to her, Gwen has punched Liv Jackson in the face and basically curb stomped Sean. You really shouldn't mess with this girl's sister.
- Doting Parent: Kimiko Shizuka, David's mother, is this, even to those who aren't her children.
- Dude Magnet: Aly seems to get a lot of attention from guys, including football players and even a few upperclassmen when she was a freshman.
- The Fashionista: Aly has been described as having great taste in clothing and enjoying designer brands.
- Full-Name Ultimatum: Aly and Gwen sometimes get called "Allison Jane" and "Gwendolyn Joyce" when they're in trouble.
- Gosh Darn It to Heck!: Gwen usually avoids cursing, which results in this.
- Happily Adopted: Gwen (for the most part)
- High-School Dance: The Kickback, where Aly and Gwen get their first real kisses and begin dating Sean and David, respectively.
- Lap Pillow: Aly has done this for Sean.
- Meaningful Name: "Gwen" means "fair", and Gwen has been described as being very fair-skinned.
- Middle Child Syndrome: Aly, obviously.
- Not a Morning Person: Aly, subverted with Gwen.
- Relationship Sabotage: Rachel Lourdes has done this, mostly to Aly and Sean, appartently for no good reason.
- Rhymes on a Dime: Both girls occasionally rhyme while talking, either accidentally or purposefully.
- Shout-Out: David gets a text from Austin saying he is on Schneider Street.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Aly and Gwen probably couldn't be any more different.
- Skilled, but Naïve: Gwen has been described to be an amazing artist, but has also been described (mostly by her sister) as a little too innocent.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Gwen and Aly, arguably. Though both sisters have their girly and tomboyish qualities.