Homura, now living in Madoka's house several months after the events of the series, is rather rudely awakened to the world of normality after a chance encounter with a rather lewd Fan Fiction horrifies Madoka. What follows is an exploration into the typical hobbies of normal people, including video games, fanfiction....
...and the typical shenanigans.
This fanfiction contains examples of:
- Badass Normal: Hitomi, managing to take on both Sayaka and Kyoko in their Puella Magi forms.
- Beware the Nice Ones: She invites the Puella Magi for tea before this incident, and Mami would have gladly accepted if Sayaka hadn't stopped her.
- Berserk Button: Hitomi, for Sayaka, and doing anything to harm Madoka in any form for Homura.
- Blue and Orange Morality: Homura's moral code revolving around eliminating all and any threats to Madoka. It's not a far cry from her canon one, either.
- Her world quite literally revolves around Madoka, to the point that she calls a charity event that does not benefit Madoka in any way pointless.
- Big Eater: Kyoko.
- Cloud Cuckoo Landers Minder: Mami is this to all of them, and the premise is Mami attempting to introduce a 'normal' life to them.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Over in Weiss Reacts, Homura and Mami made an appearance during the Winter Animecon, and Kyoko made one during the Puella Magi Madoka Magica chapter. Even earlier than that, Kyubey appeared during the the first two parter of the volume.
- Five-Man Band: The main protagonists fall into this:
- Lady of War: Hitomi is upgraded to this, in part due to the Megaton Tummy Punch she delivers to Sayaka and Kyoko when they invade her house to get her back for writing smutty fanfiction about them.
- Mami remains this from canon.
- Like an Old Married Couple: Sayaka and Kyoko.
- The Matchmaker: Homura tries this in the reboot to keep Madoka all to herself by erasing all possible competition.
- Noodle Incident: Whatever Mami and Homura did that somehow stopped Puella Magi from eventually turning into Witches. And evicted Kyubey from his planet. Which has made it safe for Madoka to contract."And besides, not like we didn't basically end Witches during that thing we did."
Sayaka tilted her head. "You know, you keep saying we were there, but we can't remember what happened, Mami."
- Only Sane Man: Sayaka. Except if Hitomi is involved.
- Pop-Cultural Osmosis Failure: Homura doesn't know what Hamlet is and only has the vaguest idea of what a Web Serial Novel is. Mami then makes it her mission to make Homura avert this.
- Team Mom: Mami is this once more, to the point that Homura backs down when Mami tells her to.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Sayaka and Kyoko, but also Mami and Homura, with Mami as Red and Homura as Blue.
- Serious Business: Food for Kyoko, as always.
- Madoka is this for Homura. Again, as always.
- Shared Universe: With Weiss Reacts.
- Something Completely Different: This time, the focus of the fic is on the Stalker with a Crush Homura, rather than the Tsundere Weiss or the Only Sane Man Lucina.
- Stalker with a Crush: Homura for Madoka, to the point she even lives in her house.
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: Homura, again, to Madoka.