An aerospace engineer, and one of Emmett's contacts. Phillip becomes his new handler after Emmett, Leanne and their daughter are murdered.
An officer for the Pakistani ISI Covert Action Division.
A defector from the Soviet Union. Stan Beeman becomes her handler.
- Defector from Decadence: She became one by fleeing the Soviet Union.
One of Elizabeth's less-reliable contacts.
- The Gambling Addict: He's a hopeless addict who's forever in debt to people.
A former black militant who now works as an agent for the Jennings. Passionate and driven, he is in love with Elizabeth and previously had an affair with her.
- Angry Black Man: Subverted. He comes off as a fairly nice, even-tempered guy. His anger is really the frustration that comes with the fact that the woman he loves is unable to be in a genuine relationship with him.
- Heroic Sacrifice: He takes the fall for Amador's murder and chooses Suicide by Cop. 'Heroic' is probably not the best term however.
- Malcolm Xerox: Elizabeth recruited him as a militant civil rights activist.
- Scary Black Man: He's friendly enough, but he's also ruthless enough to work with the KGB.
- Suicide by Cop: He wanders toward cops with the full intention to getting gunned down, since he doesn't want jail or Moscow and Elizabeth won't run away with him.
- Undying Loyalty: To Elizabeth and 'the cause'.
- Your Cheating Heart: He carried on an affair with the married Elizabeth.
A bored but beautiful wife of the Deputy Undersecretary of Defense.
A young woman who's an agent for the Sandinista (a Nicaraguan communist political party). Thanks to her affair with a congressional aide, she becomes valuable to the Centre.
- Kill the Ones You Love: She is forced to cover her tracks by killing the Congressional Aide (Carl) that she's been involved with. Considering that she has come to care about him, it's very difficult for her to do it.
- Too Dumb to Live: Despite being told that Larrick is off-limits, Lucia breaks into his house and tries to kill him, and fails so badly at said attempt that she ends up getting shot with her own dartgun. Elizabeth shows up and makes a deal to try and bail Lucia out... and Lucia makes another attempt to kill Larrick. This time, Elizabeth lets Larrick kill her.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: Lucia's still new to the spy game, and still sincerely believes that the Revolution will be glamorous.
A white South African man who has embraced socialism and is trying to coordinate with the Soviets to bring an end to Apartheid.
- My Species Doth Protest Too Much: Hans is deeply ashamed of the racism in his homeland, to the point that he's prepared to help the ANC, even at a time when much of the world sees the ANC as a terrorist group.
- Shoot the Dog: After two seasons of working closely with the Jennings, he ends up getting accidentally exposed to William's infected corpse, and Elizabeth shoots him dead without a second thought.
The unhappy daughter of a CIA agent. Phillip is ordered to seduce her in order to sneak a bug into her dad's office.
- Corrupt the Cutie: The Centre wants Phillip to initiate a sexual relationship with Kimberly as a pretense to visit her house and collect tape recordings of CIA dealings. Since she's almost the same age as his daughter, Phillip avoids actually having sex with her, instead winning her over by letting her think that she is his Secret Keeper.
- Likes Older Men: One of the reasons Phillip is assigned to deal with her is because the Centre found out that she has a thing for older men.
- Secret Keeper: Phillip wins her trust by talking about his illegitimate son, since he finds it awkward to discuss it with Elizabeth.
- Small Role, Big Impact: While she plays a relatively small role in the series, her relationship with Phillip is one of the things that drives him into the EST program.
A Korean couple that Elizabeth is assigned to get close to.
- Morality Chain: To Elizabeth. Her friendship with Young Hee causes Elizabeth to seriously doubt her commitment to the cause.
- Plucky Comic Relief: Young Hee is one of the funniest characters on the show and brings rare levity into Elizabeth's life.
- Unwitting Pawn: Elizabeth got close to Young Hee to get viral containment codes from Don.
- Unwitting Pawn: Gets horrifyingly played by Elizabeth.
A State Department negotiator and his terminally-ill artist wife. Elizabeth poses as Erica's nurse in order to learn about the Americans' plans for the summit with Russia.
- Death Seeker: It's no secret that Erica is suicidal after so many years of declining health. Glenn has been putting aside a little bit of every morphine ration in hopes of building up a fatal dose for when the day finally comes that Erica can't take any more.
- Driven to Suicide: Erica wanted to die, and so Glenn tried to give her a fatal overdose of morphine. Unfortunately, she had developed a tolerance, and thus Elizabeth was forced to finish her off by choking her with a paintbrush.
- Happily Married: Glenn is utterly devoted to Erica, and Erica's biggest regret is that she wasn't more intimate with Glenn when she was still healthy.