open/close all folders
Brooke Mc Queen
- Big Sister Instinct: Once she and Sam cede their warring and become close, Brooke is on the war path if anyone hurts Sam.
- Girl Next Door: To Harrison.
- Lovable Alpha Bitch: Though Brooke wavers with this trope and does have Hidden Depths, there are moments when she is ruthless. She's still portrayed as a likable character, and is the nicest of the popular girls.
- Not So Different: Shares this with Sam too, as they have a lot of similarities among their differences
- Parental Abandonment: Brooke's mother leaves her when she's a kid
- Weight Woe: Brooke is very skinny and suffers from anorexia due to her mother's abandonment
Sam Mc Pherson
- Abusive Parents: Her mother is an alcoholic and Carmen attends an AA support group
- Weight Woe:
- Most of Carmen's story is based on her being rejected because of her weight and how shallow her fellow high school students are, though this is also subverted by having Carmen achieve her goals and become happy in some instances, and eventually best friends with the queen of the school, Brooke, as well as Carmen herself being accused of acting like she's a notch higher up the popularity hierarchy than eg. April Tuna
- Carmen confides in Brooke that her overeating is a result of her family's verbal abuse
- Abusive Parents: Nicole's mother is a cold, body-shaming, patronising menace
- Beta Bitch: Though actually an alpha-in-disguise towards Brooke anyway
- Weight Woe: Nicole is obsessed with being the media ordained body size, which she learns from her abusive mother. This leads to her use of elephant laxatives at one point, but throughout the series she body-shames all the other students at the school.
- The Vamp
- The All-American Boy: Quarterback, head of the high school football team and MVP. Blond
- Beta Couple: With Lily
- Book Dumb: There are a lot of moments where Josh doesn't understand things, scholastically, which is set in contrast to Lily's intelligence and understanding of activism for the betterment of society
- Chick Magnet: Romantic situations with both Brooke, Sam, Nicole, Carmen and Lily.
- Lovable Jock: A good-hearted quarterback, who has a true passion for theatre.
- Really Gets Around: The girls refer to him as a not nice slur after finding out that he slept with Nicole
Sugar Daddy (Michael Bernardino)
- Book Dumb: Displayed mostly in contrast with Harrison when the latter hangs out with Sugar Daddy and Josh
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Authority figures occasionally call him Michael, but he's known as Sugar Daddy or Sug