open/close all folders
Tropes related to the Dregs in general
Chub is a blue-collar sewer worker and the protagonist of the story.
Friend of Chub and fellow sewer worker.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Literally wears a pair of rabbit ears over his gasmask. Subverted, however, in that he doesn't seem to be very competent at his job either.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: He doesn't seem entirely with it and tends to go on strange tangents.
- Expressive Ears: His bunny ears shift position to reflect his mood, somehow.
- Security Blanket: He gets very upset if he doesn't have his bunny ears with him.
The boss of Chub and Coney, and at least most of the rest of the sewer workers.
- An Arm and a Leg: Lost her right arm in a workplace accident.
- Canned Orders over Loudspeaker: How she communicates with her employees. It's shown that this makes it hard for them to make out her words, because on top of the imperfection of the tannoy system she's also speaking through a gas mask.
- Creepy Souvenir: She keeps her own severed arm in her office. Mounted. On the wall. With the caption "Safety First!"
- Kicked Upstairs: Used to be a sewer worker like Chub, but these days she spends almost all her time in an upstairs office - presumably because of her disability.
The sewer's ratcatcher.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: She's clearly unhinged, but she's also apparently pretty good at pest control.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Her idea for how to subdue a human trespasser is an enormous, conspicuous cage baited with a jar of peanut butter. Then again, it turns out The Cuckoo Lander Was Right on this occasion.
- Crazy Survivalist: While not technically a survivalist (that we know of), she definitely has this vibe, between the extensive gun collection and the unhinged vigilance.
- Gun Nut: She has far more firearms than ought to be necessary for rat hunting.
- Murder Is the Best Solution: "Do you want a nonviolent solution, or do you want one that works?"
Trespassers in the Sewer
A borderline-feral woman causing problems for the sewer workers.
- The Gadfly: She annoys the workers on purpose because she has nothing better to do.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl/Shameless Fanservice Girl: She doesn't own any clothes, but this doesn't bother her.
- It Amused Me: Her primary motivation for her antics.
- Trademark Favourite Food: "Doge Chow". Chub even points out that they have non-dog food she could steal instead, but she brushes him off.
- The Unintelligible: She understands English, but cannot speak it. Instead she communicates almost exclusively in variations on the sounds "heh" and "bup".
- Wild Child: Formerly. She's been living alone in the sewers since she was little.
Baron Von Willlendorfer III
An aristocrat with an evil plan.
- Aristocrats Are Evil: He's a baron, and not a very nice man.
- Big Bad: So far, it seems.
- Delusions of Eloquence: Likes to use polysyllabic words, even if (like "misunderestimate") they aren't even real words.
- Evil Gloating: Even when there's no-one around to hear him.
- Evil Is Petty: His peers disrespected him, apparently, so in revenge he's going to make their plumbing overflow.
- Evil Plan: He wants to cause a small explosion in the sewers in order to flood the bathrooms above, in revenge for his peers snubbing him. Unfortunately, he's also very stupid, and so decides to use the entire blastol store for his bomb.
- Mad Bomber: Clearly not all there, and his plan involves explosives.