Keisuke (Keiichirō) Tachibana
The owner of the Antique Bakery, as well as a waiter. He was childhood friends with Chikage, the son of his family's live-in housekeeper. He was also Ono's classmate in school and harshly rejected Ono's love confession. He seems to be the only man whom Ono finds attractive, but who is not attracted to Ono in return. Tachibana comes from a rich family. He was kidnapped when he was a child. The one thing he remembers about his abductor is that he loved cake and fed him the cakes he bought every single day. Although Tachibana was rescued, his abductor was never found. After this ordeal, his family became overly protective of him. He feels obliged to play the "good boy" for his relatives because he does not want them to worry about him. As a result of his experiences, he often suffers from nightmares and has no taste for sweets. He is also fluent in French.
- Affectionate Nickname: Chikage calls him "Waka" (Young Master), which is from a game they used to play as kids.
- Chivalrous Pervert: He's generally a nice guy, but he loves ogling at a woman's rack.
- Dark and Troubled Past: He was abducted by a man who enjoyed sweets and was a possible pedophile. He stabbed his captor and made it to safety, but the man was gone before he was arrested.
- Hates Being Touched: When he was younger, he couldn't stand to be touched by older men, especially his father. It's implied that his abductor had molested him or done something far worse that left him mentally and emotionally scarred.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Chikage, his loyal friend and servant, is willing to dedicate everything he has to Keiichiro.
- Honorary Uncle: When Deko, Chikage's daughter, is introduced, he basically labeled himself as her father figure.
- Mistaken for Gay: Ono initially believed that he was involved with Chikage.
- My Greatest Failure: Keiichiro regrets his treatment of Ono in high school and has become more accepting of him in their adulthood.
- Past Experience Nightmare: Throughout the series, he suffers from reoccurring nightmares about his abduction. In his youth and sometimes in his adulthood, Chikage is there to comfort him afterwards.
- Perma-Stubble: In the second episode, he lets a little facial hair grow, making it permanent for the rest of the series.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: The Manly to Ono Sensitive.
- Stepford Smiler: Boy, is he ever. He tends to put on a smile and act like he's okay. Deep down, he's still traumatized by his abduction and wants nothing more than to confront that man.
- Real Men Hate Sugar: Despite him loathing anything sweet, he opens a bakery. It's later revealed that he's trying to find the man responsible for his abduction.
- Vitriolic Best Friends: In a sense with Eiji. They shout at each other and call each other names, but they're still willing to work together and help the other out.
The pâtissier, a renowned chef who has been fired from many bakeries because of his "Demonic Charm": whenever he is attracted to a man, that man whether gay or straight suddenly becomes irresistibly attracted to him in return. His coworkers will inevitably fight over him, and Ono will wind up fired again. This stemmed from when he was in high school, when Tachibana turned him down. He went into a gay bar, and suddenly he became a very popular lover. He has said his type is older men. He is also scared of women, and is fluent in French as well.
Eiji is Ono's apprentice, as well as other help in the kitchen. He is a former street punk who was picked up off the street and reformed by a boxing coach. He trained to be a boxer, and was a top fighter. However, due to his detached retinas, he had to give up boxing. He saw a "Help Wanted" ad in the bakery's window, and decided to join. He has a huge sweet tooth. He holds Ono in very high regard, calling him his "Master", due to his skill in making sweets. Over time they have developed more of a father-son relationship than that of a master and apprentice.
Chikage is Tachibana's childhood friend. His family works at the Tachibana house. He was sent by the Tachibana family to watch out for his friend. Chikage is trained to become a waiter by Tachibana. However, he is very klutzy and has a hard time. He wears sunglasses all of the time, as his eyes are weak. He has a crush on Ono, though he thinks Ono doesn't feel the same way (on the contrary, Ono is in love with Chikage). He is very shy and polite. He calls Tachibana "Young Master" after the game "Ōoka Echizen (大岡越前)". Chikage is also two years older than Tachibana and has a daughter.
Twenty years ago, he had abducted Keiichiro and forced him to eat sweets every day. One day, Keiichiro stabbed him in the leg and was able to get away and be rescued. However, when the police arrived, the man was nowhere to be found.
- Anti-Villain: He's not the main villain and he had no evil intentions towards Keiichiro. He was probably traumatized by his son's death, whatever the cause may be, and was never able to move on.
- Ax-Crazy: He makes it very clear to his wife that he may be suppressing a violent side to him.
- Karma Houdini: He gets away with abducting a child, even with the child getting away from him, and moves to a different part of Japan in the end.
- Knee Capping: Keiichiro stabbing him in the leg has led to him having a limp in the present.
- No Name Given: His name is never revealed. However, by the end of the series, it doesn't really matter anymore.
- Not Me This Time: He and the current kidnapper are two different men.
- Recognition Failure: He arrives in the final episode to purchase a cake, presumably for his wife, and he doesn't say anything to Keiichiro about possibly seeing him somewhere before. It's possible that he knew who he was, but decided not to say anything.
- Replacement Goldfish: It's implied that he kidnapped Keiichiro to replace his dead son.