- Boyish Short Hair: As in canon.
- Color-Coded Characters: Represented by the color red.
- Claimed by the Supernatural: Moltres' Chosen One.
- Hot-Blooded: Comes with the territory of being chosen by Moltres.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Blanche.
- Deadpan Snarker: Sometimes slips into Servile Snarker when dealing with Candela.
- Handicapped Badass: He's in a wheelchair, but can still battle.
- Number Two: To Candela.
Dave the Natu
- Blow You Away: Part Flying-type.
- Cute and Psycho: A cute little baby bird that's also an Ax-Crazy jerk.
- Non-Human Sidekick: To Carl.
- Psychic Powers: A Psychic-type.
- Ambiguous Gender: According to Word of God, Blanche and Noire could both be seen as either (or neither) gender, and it's not really relevant to the story anyway.
- Cain and Abel: With Noire.
- Claimed by the Supernatural: To Articuno.
- Deadpan Snarker: Often acts as a passive-aggressive one to their compatriots.
- Emotionless Girl: Played with as they occasionally displays a passionate side.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Candela.
- Adorkable: He's too awkward and dorky not to love.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Overlapping with Beware the Silly Ones, Spark can be downright scary when he's mad.
- Cloudcuckoolander: He's a bit of a weirdo.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: When he applies himself, he can be pretty tough.
- The Heart: He's the friendliest of the main trio and at least tries to keep everyone together.
- Shameless Fanservice Guy: Lampshaded at one point, when Go walks in on him changing.
- Shipper on Deck: One comic implies he's this for Blanche and Candela.Spark: You two were made for each other!
Candela: Are you talking about me and Flareon, or me and Blanche?
- Beleaguered Assistant: To Spark.
- Living Emotional Crutch: According to Word of God, he can slip into this for Spark sometimes.
- Only Sane Man: He tries, at least.