It is the first audio-original production to be released under the new Star Wars continuity. The story follows Asajj Ventress as she is scoped out by Count Dooku to become his new apprentice, and in the process uncovers hidden secrets from Dooku's past.
It was released on April 30th, 2019.
- Ascended Extra: Ky Narec, Ventress' old Jedi Master, appears. Previously he was only seen in a few brief flashbacks in one episode of The Clone Wars.
- Canon Immigrant: This story introduces Osika Kirske, who was part of Asajj Ventress's backstory in Legends, into the Canon. Like in Legends, he ordered Ky Narec's death.
- Death by Adaptation: In Legends, Kirske was killed by Ventress some time into the Clone Wars' first year, when she had already put her lot in with the Separatists. In this story, he was killed by Count Dooku before the war, leading to Ventress joining Dooku.
- Didn't Think This Through: One world has a city hovering over the ground by gravity generators. Apparently, these generators had no protection against a solar storm, which caused the city to fall.
- One Name Only: Dooku and his family have only one name.
- Prequel: The main story takes place before the events of Attack of the Clones, and flashes back to events from Dooku's past set long before The Phantom Menace.
- Start of Darkness: Covers the events of Dooku's past, including his time as a Jedi and his descent into becoming a servant of the dark side.
- You Talk Too Much: After Rael Averross challenges Dooku to a duel, he talks at him for a bit, causing Dooku to go on the attack and tell him that the talks too much.