TV Tropes Needs Your Help
View Kickstarter Project
Big things are happening on TV Tropes! New admins, new designs, fewer ads, mobile versions, beta testing opportunities, thematic discovery engine, fun trope tools and toys, and much more - Learn how to help here
and discuss here
19 year old Film Major in Seattle, WA. I don't use this site much anymore, save for pages on my favorite works, and for the SBIG/SBIH subsections. Everything else is filled with too much censorship, or mind numbing Fan Myopia
(Because, you know, The Rules of the Game
doesn't need a work page, but Miracle Maid Himiko-chan
Tropes applying to him:
- All Love is Unrequited: The greatest love I've ever known is one that will never go beyond a close, if highly unique friendship.
- Ambiguously Brown
- Apologizes Alot
- Asexuality: A type 3 or 4 Gray-A.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Of course, I can sit through Tarkovsky or The Human Condition just fine.
- Bi the Way
- Berserk Button: Many. Though I seem very sensitive to sexism and double standards therein (Girl-on-Girl Is Hot, Double Standard: Rape, Female on Male, etc), as well as black and white interpretations of history, which goes hand in hand with Nationalism. Also, insulting Kurosawa, Bergman, or Tarkovsky.
- Celibate Hero
- Cloudcuckoolander: Supposedly. It's a really obnoxious thing to bring about, though.
- Complaining About Shows You Don't Watch:
- Control Freak
- Covert Pervert
- Dead Baby Comedy
- Deadpan Snarker
- Disappeared Dad
- Department of Redundancy Department
- Friendless Background
- Furry Fandom: I am mostly into it for the often awesome art. No, I don't have a fursona. Though If I did, it'd be a shark. (You're surprised, yes?)
- Grammar Nazi: Kind of.
- Gratuitous Japanese: Defied. Despite being a Second Year college student of the language, I actively refuse to pepper my speech with it.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Unfortunately.
- Hollywood Personality Disorders: Borderline, natch.
- The Illegible
- Ineffectual Loner
- Jabba Table Manners
- Jump Cut: A big fan of these (at least, the actual definition of one - such as those seen in Breathless).
- Just One More Level...
- Know-Nothing Know-It-All
- Le Film Artistique: Stereotyped as a lover of these. Usually by people who have never seen the films in question. Apparently loving foreign movies means loving pretentious movies - because American movies could never be pretentious!
- Larynx Dissonance: My singing voice is in fact slightly lower than my speaking voice (which is freakishly high)
- Long List
- Love Triangle: Think they're fun? Think again.
- Meet Cute: Not a romantic meet, and perhaps not even a cute one, but one of my best friendships began when she asked what some of the worst music was, and I responded by showing her Blood on the Dancefloor.
- Nightmare Fetishist: I'm dead serious about this. You can show me just about anything, and it's not going to weird me out. A Serbian Film didn't effect me in the least bit (though I found it an interesting commentary on Serbia itself). Recitified Anonymity was a walk in the park. I plan on reading Agony in Pink.
- No Social Skills: It really depends.
- The Oner: I try.
- The Other Rainforest: As much as I love it here in Seattle, come 2 years from now or so, I probably wont be part of this trope anymore (Horrible Hollywood, here I come!)
- Orgasmically Delicious: I do this a lot due to the amazing food variety here in the Emerald City. It can get.... awkward for me.
- Serial Tweaker: AND HOW.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: The Loquaciousness particularly rings true, and this trope most often comes into play when I'm trying to write a short comment. You'll know it's me if my post is 90% longer than every other one. The same applies if I'm trying to tell a story.
- Soapbox Sadie: On the internet, anyway. Or if I'm in a Film Class.
- TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Vocabulary
- Would Hit a Girl: As an ardent feminist, I thoroughly believe in this trope. If you insult my family, or do something to hurt me, don't be upset if I punch you and you just so happen to be a girl.
Below, I shall try to encompass many of my favorite things. Brace yourself.
open/close all folders
I have a strong interest in both Modernist and Humanist literature, however. I plan to do something about that soon.
- Architecture, mainly Art Deco, Art Nouveau, Gothic, and Stalinist.
- Collecting old used Cellphones
- Food. (Of all types, obscure and non)
- Jackets (some people have purses, or shoes, but I have this)
- Theoretical Physics. Minus the whole math part...
- Twitter (and I wont reveal my account)
- Wiki Walks
- World History, especially Russian, German, Eastern European, Medieval, and East + Southeast Asian. And Late 19th Century and 20th Century History.
Please Add tropes that you think apply to me and/or Vandalize HERE:
I vandalized first. I feel accomplished. RainbowDust
Really? Thanks! I never got complimented for that before, so I... yeah. The country has its drawbacks, but... thanks! :) Re: taste, is it due to the TV Tropes list or my last.fm profile? Well, I guess we have something in common, even though I tend to feel stupid for overdoing the MUSIC IS SRS BSNS angle. Ya mind if I linkified some of your links? But yeah, there is some overlap in taste, so yers is good too! Could use more shoegazing/neopsychedelia. You hate Prince? Well, no problem, I viciously hate Björk. And some other bands that aren't on your list and aren't worth a mention, hahaha. XD - Sen
Sorry for taking so long to get back, I'm on vacation now and the Internet access gets pretty erratic. And yes, I know what you mean, I think Prince suddenly went to the shitter starting in The Nineties
. Is thinking Batman
is his last good album crazier than not having a last.fm profile? :) TBH I was surprised you said Love Symbol
instead of the usual Sign o' the Times
, but hey, I totally wrecked up the Prince page once, so you prolly know my bias against his nineties stuff. (also agreed, he can be pretty frustrating to listen to sometimes.) If you want, I can either try helping with that list, or you can just skim my last.fm library, 'cos it's pretty large, innit? Heheheh. I'm pretty happy at your favourite bands list too! Just wish I could like Slint even more than I already do... Also TBH I don't really like noise rock, I just went through a phase of trying it. Much prefer noise pop or really loud neo-psychedelia. XD So, you on vacation too? :)
PS I think at one point you said you were planning on contributing to the Courtney Love page? How'd that work? - Sen
Now I need to apologise for taking another month to reply. Sorry! Shit happens. :) Yeah, I meant out of school - 'cos I am as well right now. And you're right, your list is already hugeish. Probably bigger than mine at points, ROFL! I think I did the Courtney Love revamp, IIRC. Don't worry, I clog up yours too. >:) Well, have fun troping! Oh, and happy birthday in advance/lateness! XD - Sen
I'm just happy to find another troper who is also appalled by this site's censorship. Best to you. -Alrune