are the morals that the writers and producers
of TV most often love to explore. They sometimes contradict each other, but it's a clumsy writer indeed who sticks two contradictory Aesops into the same script
. It happens, though.
Many are Older Than Feudalism
. And some, indeed, come straight from the original Aesop's Fables
- The Golden Rule - Do unto others as you would have done unto you.
- All That Glitters is not gold.
- Heart Over Mind
- It Takes A Village
- Book Dumb, TV Genius, Dumb Is Good - Intelligence Is Overrated
- One Man's Trash Is Another's Treasure
- Pride - Don't Play God (how often has the opportunity to play God come up in your life?)
- Pygmalion Snap Back - Accept People For Who They Are
- Wanting Is Better Than Having
- Be careful where you get your power, your validation and the justification for your actions.
- On Agreement:
- On Ambition:
- Follow Your Dreams - Aspire To Greater Things
- A Man's Reach Should Exceed His Grasp. Reach For The Stars.
- Ambition Is Evil - Unfortunately, that also makes you evil.
- It's Lonely at the Top
- The Grass Is Always Greener On The Other Side - Learn To Appreciate What You Have
- A Bird in the Hand is Worth Two in the Bush.
- On Appearance:
- On Authority:
- On Beauty:
- On Belief:
- Faith will move mountains.
- Doubt is the beginning of wisdom.
- On Caution:
- On Change:
- Change Is Bad
- Change Is Good
- On Conformity:
- On Curiosity:
- On Destiny:
- On Differences
- On Effort:
- On Entertainment:
- On Experimentation:
- On Family:
- Blood is Thicker Than Water - Your Relatives Are Your Best Friends
- Family Is A Hindrance - Show The Other Generation What You're Really Worth
- On Women:
- Treat Girls Nice
- Treat Girls The Same As Guys
- You Go Girl - Women are just as good as men.
- Closer to Earth - Women are totally awesome and possess unique wisdom men don't have.
- Recognize People's Differences
- On Force:
- On Friendship:
- On Honesty:
- On Individuality:
- On Initiative
- On Intuition:
- Dont Think Feel - Don't Second-Guess Yourself
- First Impressions Are Misleading - You'd Better Second-Guess Yourself
- On Justice:
- On Kinship:
- On Love:
- On Money:
- On Patience:
- All Good Things Come To He Who Waits.
- Time and Tide Wait For No Man.
- On Perseverance:
- On Planning:
- Look Before You Leap.
- He Who Hesitates Is Lost. Strike While The Iron is Hot.
- An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure.
- The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men aft Gang Aglee.
- On Principle
- You Have To Be Willing To Compromise
- Stick To Your Guns
- On Relationships:
- On Sex:
- On Specialization
- On Spontaneity:
- Don't Be Shy
- Don't Get In Over Your Head
- On Teamwork:
- On Time
- On Tradition:
- On Trust
- On (un) Kindness:
- On Literature:
- Actions Speak Louder Than Words.
- The Pen is Mightier Than The Sword.
- On War
- ...and the reason for all the contradictions is the Golden Mean: Nothing In Excess
- Give a Man a Fish... and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
- Junk Food Is Bad
O god, so many contradictions...