open/close all folders
- The original Star Wars Rogue Squadron game for Nintendo 64 has a cheat you can enter to replay all the game's cutscenes in order. A rare instance of a replay feature that doesn't require the cutscenes being watched for the first time.
- The Matrix: Path of Neo has the level-select menu, you can replay levels you just barely finished to get better at using your moves and weapons.
- Geist allows the player to replay the chapters of the game after its completion. And since those chapters are already complete, the game will only save the items and lore entries gathered when they're replayed; so if there's an item or lore entry that can only be accessed near the end of the selected chapter, the player must advance up to that point before turning the game off to get it.
- Star Trek: The Next Generation: A Final Unity allows the player to go to the Holodeck of the Enterprise where he/she can rewatch the game's custscenes.
- The Animus in the Assassin's Creed franchise is a justified example as the story you play is being relived by the descendant of the decoy protagonists through it. Thanks to this, the Animus will allow the player to replay any of the sequences in the game by accessing the synchronization info tab in the pause menu; this is helpful both to replay the missions and to complete any synchronization that was left pending due to the failure of some objective. This is Averted in Assassin's Creed II in which you can only replay one specific mission with the DLC.
- Metroid: Other M has a cinema mode that is unlocked when beating the game for the first time. It plays all the cutscenes in order with automated gameplay mixed in between scenes to make the game feel like a movie.
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl has an option to rewatch all cutscenes triggered in The Subspace Emissary. Since some of the cutscenes are mutually exclusive, the SSE has to be played at least twice to unlock them all.
- In Punch-Out!! for Wii, both the training session scenes and the slide show of the boxers (both in Contender and in Title Defense) are available for rewatch in the Gallery menu.
- Eternal Champions has an option to replay the previous round either in full, in slow-motion, or just play the highlights of the battle.
First Person Shooter
- Metroid Prime Hunters has an option to replay the cutscenes of the main bosses (Cretaphid, Slench and Gorea) encountered, as well as the game's opening scene and the ending.
- Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast includes a replay feature to rewatch cutscenes from the main campaign.
- The PlayStation version of The World Is Not Enough has a option to replay cutscenes of the missions, the game's Attract Mode or opening, and the (secret) ending scene.
Hack And Slash
- After No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle is finished, the Deathmatch mode is unlocked to challenge any of the fifteen bosses in the game.
- Dynasty Warriors:
- As a whole, the series has always had a "Free Mode". Where you can choose anyone from any faction to play a particular stage, like say, play "Conquest of Wei � Wu Side" as someone from Shu. There is also more freedom on this mode in the sense that you can choose your Power Up Mount since it's not possible in Story Mode. It's accessible right from the start with quite a few stages already available thanks to all its Loads and Loads of Characters' 1st Story Mode stage. It unlocks more stages, POV and combat scenarios (conquest, defense, pursuit, etc) the more you play Story Mode.
- "Story Mode" itself usually also has a "Stage Select" where you can replay it (and change events via What If? actions like intentionally letting your allies to die instead of rescuing them) with a playable officer specific to that stage.
- Lastly, there's "Gallery", where you can view the character models, weapon models, Cutscenes (the game uses both prerendered and in-engine cutscenes, where you can swap costumes and�on some entries like DW 3� even swap characters around in their roles), and voice tracks and dialogue.
- Each and every Mario Party game has a Free Play mode to get into the unlocked minigames without having to play Story Mode, Party Mode or any of the other special minigame modes. Later games added boss minigames into the mix.
- Banjo-Tooie allows the player to replay the plot-critical cutscenes, the boss battles and the minigames. Notably, the minigames that are unlocked will also be available for multiplayer, and an exclusive hidden cutscene awaits in this mode for the player who collects all Jiggies in the main game.
- Donkey Kong 64 enables this feature after the player starts retrieving Banana Fairies by taking a picture shot at them. After retrieving two Fairies, the player can replay the unlocked cutscenes of the game. With six, the two Embedded Precursors that reward the player with the Rare and Nintendo coins (Jetpack and Donkey Kong) in the main game can be replayed.note With ten, it's possible to replay the boss fights.
- The entirety of Conker's Bad Fur Day is replayable via the Chapters menu. Bosses, cutscenes and ending are all included. There are also secret cheats that allow the player to take a look at a point of the game that is ahead of the current progression.
- In Kirby Super Star, The Arena is a Boss Rush that is unlocked once you've completed all other main sub-games. In addition, Spring Breeze, Revenge of Meta Knight, and Revenge of the King (in the DS remake) allows you to select stage numbers in their title screens.
- In Wario: Master of Disguise, not only can the player replay the minigames unlocked in the main campaign, but also the variations thereof (for instance, Traced Memory alone comes in twelve forms, so if he or she wants to play them all, each has to be unlocked individually).
- Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc includes a menu where you can re-watch all the pre-rendered cutscenes you've seen so far.
Real Time Strategy
- Pikmin 2 has an Extras mode where the cutscenes unlocked in the main game, including the credits, can be seen again anytime. There is a special slot reserved for an exclusive cutscene that will only be available after full completion of Challenge Mode. Pikmin 3 adds a boss replay mode within Missions to challenge the unlocked bosses again, this time with a time limit and some of the Pikmin in need of being seized from the ground for extra challenge.
- Warcraft III: Interlude cutscenes in between levels can be selected from the screen.
Role Playing Game
- Final Fantasy X allows you to replay cutscenes in Luca.
- Final Fantasy XIV has a book/desk in the inns with this feature available. Because the cutscenes are done in real time, whatever gear you are wearing will be reflected in the cutscene you watch, even if you were wearing something different the first time you saw the cutscene. This also means you can ruin the mood of certain scenes by wearing silly outfits or wearing nothing at all.
- Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory has the option to replay cutscenes, but only in certain places, namely Planeptune's Basicicom and the hotels in the other nations.
- Kingdom Hearts has a cutscene replay feature as an unlockable that can be viewed from the title screen (the feature's been there since the Updated Re-release of II).
- In the Monster Hunter series, entering new zones, defeating certain monsters for the first time during the village quests and finishing certain Final Bosses will unlock their respective intro cinematics, monster ecologies and staff rolls for viewing in the game's Gallery menu; 4U also adds special Event cinematics to the list. In Freedom 2/Unite, the Gallery was only accessible from the main menu, but in 3U, 4, and 4U, the Felyne butler who lives in the player's house can give you access to the Gallery without needing to exit the game proper.
- Solatorobo lets you buy commemorative plates to rewatch cutscenes and find musical notes that unlock the game's soundtrack.
- In The World Ends with You, after playing through the entire game once, all chapters of the story are accessible directly, so you can fight Noise with good item drops and replaying is required to get 100% Completion. In a weird sort of Forced Tutorial, the game then drops you off in an empty room with no exits, so you actually have to use the Chapter Select to get out.
- In Galerians, the Movie Preview (or Movie Viewer in Ash) option allows you to rewatch cutscenes you unlocked.
- After completion of Resident Evil 4, an option is unlocked to replay the cutscenes. Those of Separate Ways are included when that mode is completed as well (except for the report lores, which instead are accessed through a menu known as Ada's Report).