is a ZX Spectrum, VIC-20 and BBC Micro video game developed and released by Ultimate Play The Game in 1983. It was later an Embedded Precursor
inside Donkey Kong 64
In the game, Jetman has to first assemble his rocket (which comes in kit form), and then fill it with fuel before taking off to the next planet (where the procedure is broadly repeated). Along the way Jetman has to fend off the attention of intelligent (and not-so-intelligent) aliens, while making off with their valuable resources.Needs Wiki Magic Love
Jetpac provides examples of:
- Blob Monster: There are many varieties of aliens, but they tend to look like weird blobs. It is deadly to touch one.
- Death from Above: Some planets are suffering from extremely heavy meteor showers instead of having hostile aliens.
- Dismantled MacGuffin: On the first level, the rocket is in three parts. The experienced player can reassemble it in a few seconds.
- Endless Game: Your ship will always land on another planet, where you must collect fuel again. (All planets look identical, except for the different aliens.)
- Flight: It seems that all the aliens can fly.
- Jet Pack: Jetman wears one.
- Ray Gun: It kills aliens. You might as well hold down the gun button, because it will never run out of ammo, and it won't harm your rocket.
- Scoring Points: The goal of the game.
- Video Game Remake: Has been remade with modern technology by various fangroups, as well as by the original developers themselves for Xbox LIVE Arcade. The XBLA version also features an 'original' game mode faithfully replicating the Spectrum version.