- Sasuke Uchiha wavers for quite a while between being a straight-up Jerk Ass (especially after the Time Skip) and a Jerk with a Heart of Gold and/or wearer of the Jerkass Façade; despite his constant posturing, and especially prior to his Heroic BSOD (Rival edition) and Face-Heel Turn courtesy of his Aloof Big Brother, he is shown warming up to his team mates and putting his life on the line to protect them. Then he Jumps over The Slippery Slope, which is a pity.
- Neji Hyuuga is introduced as this, looking down on those he saw as weaker than himnote until Naruto beats it out of him. Before this happened, the nicest thing we have seen him do is offer his cousin a chance to surrender before their match. And then, for all intents and purposes, he tries to kill her and only fails because the adults in charge are quick enough to jump in and stop him. And then he has the audacity to get upset and cry favoritism when they stop him from essentially murdering his defenseless cousin.
Kurenai: (thinking while looking at Hinata) Oh no, she's going into cardiac arrest... (glares at Neji) Was he really trying to kill her?
Neji: (smugly) I wouldn't waste time glaring at me when you really should be taking care of her.
- When he isn't killing everything in sight, Hidan is a godawful fucking dick to everyone he's not supposed to kill. For example, he taunts Team 10 and their dead sensei, whom he killed in order to provoke them.
- Madara Uchiha. Or, more specifically, both the real Madara Uchiha and Tobi/Obito Uchiha. The former is exceptionally arrogant and enjoys talking down to his opponents. The latter launched a deadly attack at Naruto, and when Neji ended up dying from Taking the Bullet for him (as well as for Hinata, who was also planning on doing so), he mocked Naruto for failing to live up to his promise not to let his comrades die.
- The real Madara Uchiha is such a dick that not even Kurama, the nine-tailed fox, can stand him. The moment the man came on to the scene, Kurama immediately initiated an Enemy Mine with Naruto, who he has served as an Enemy Within for most of the series. It's to the point where one could easily argue that anybody halfway decent and had the displeasure of meeting him hates his guts.
- In the pilot, Naruto was an even bigger Bratty Half-Pint than even his worst in canon, especially urinating on a boy for spreading rumors about him, and this exchange with the chief:
Chief: Humans and Yokai need to live together in peace. Why can't you make any human friends?
Chief: Fool!!!! I had eight... UNTIL YOUR FATHER KILLED THEM! We took pity on the baby... it was dumb luck that saved you. Now you're a friendless, sullen brat.
Naruto: If friends are so important... why don't you go join yours?