"If you think I've evolved beyond the joys of murder, you'd be wrong."
Tis some kind of... of... That is a very big head. M.O.D.O.K.:
I AM M.O.D.O.K.! I am the ultimate in human-machine interface! I am designed ONLY FOR CONQUEST! The Wasp:
Whatever you say, freak-show.
M.O.D.O.K. is a Marvel Comics
super-villain created by Stan Lee
and Jack Kirby
. Making his Silver Age
debut in Tales of Suspense #93
(September, 1967), M.O.D.O.K. has been featured in over 40 years of Marvel canon. While originally a foe of Captain America
, M.O.D.O.K is not tied to a single hero's Rogues Gallery
. He has battled the likes of The Falcon
, Nick Fury
, Iron Man
, the Incredible Hulk
. rival villains Mad Thinker and Yellow Claw, Ms. Marvel
, the Champions (Angel, Iceman
, Black Widow
, Darkstar, Ghost Rider
, and The Incredible Hercules
), the Thing
, and the Serpent Society. The later group managed to assassinate him back in 1986. But M.O.D.O.K. was revived in 1995 and has remained a prominent villain since then. In 2009, IGN.com ranked M.O.D.O.K. #100 on its Top One Hundred Comic Book Villains
A lowly technician working for Advanced Idea Mechanics (A.I.M.), George Tarleton was nothing special. One day, Tarleton is picked by A.I.M.'s Scientist Supreme to be genetically altered into a living computer code-named M.O.D.O.C.: M
nly for C
omputing. The experiment was a success: Tarleton's brain became enormous, granting him superhuman intelligence and vast psionic powers. Driven mad by the procedures performed on him, M.O.D.O.C. kills his masters in cold blood. Enjoying the slaughter, M.O.D.O.C. renames himself M.O.D.O.K: M
nly for K
illing. Having eliminated the existing command structure, M.O.D.O.K. takes over A.I.M, declaring himself the new Scientist Supreme.Comic Books
- Super-Villain Team-Up: MODOK's 11
- MODOK: Reign Delay
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance: A member of the Masters of Evil, M.O.D.O.K. is the final boss of the Omega Base level.
- Marvel Super Hero Squad: M.O.D.O.K. and A.I.M. appear early in the game, stealing an infinity fractal for Doctor Doom. Changing his mind, M.O.D.O.K. would use the fractal to power one of his doom cannons until Wolverine and the Hulk intervene.
- Marvel Super Hero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet: M.O.D.O.K. makes a cameo appearance, still working for Dr. Doom.
- Marvel vs. Capcom 3: M.O.D.O.K. appears as a playable character, taking Galactus's helmet in his ending.
- Marvel: Avengers Alliance: appears as a Boss several times, with A.I.M. serving as some of the games' Mooks.
In addition to these, he was included in The Marvel Experience
virtual reality tour in the United States, where he was voiced by Kevin Smith
Tropes associated with M.O.D.O.K. include: