Characters from Rexx
"What a wuss. That's what you get for picking a fight with the Dragon Emperor."
A young Dragon Emperor whose arrogance and lack of respect towards the goddess of the world, Clunea, resulted in her stripping him of his adult body and enormous power. He tasks himself in taking the Holy Ordeals to wish Clunea to recover his body... and then promptly beat her down.In the end, he realizes that he has no need to wish her anything, as he had gotten a new power through the whole ordeal.
Despite being a princess of the Phoenix Clan and legitimate heiress, she secretly longs to become a dragon — the giant, spiky, toothy kind. Why one of the powerful phoenix royalty should want to become a dragon is a source of much curiosity (and hilarity) to her traveling companions. She takes the Holy Ordeals to wish Clunea to dismiss the myth of drinking phoenix blood to gain immortality forever... or that's what her father thinks she's going to do, anyway.
The reason why she wishes to be reborn as a dragon in the first place is because she was saved by the Dragon Emperor (Fang himself) a long time ago when she was chased by people trying to kill her to drink her blood for immortality
"If I could have any wish, it would be to die as I lived... on the battlefield."
Unlike most aspiring wishers, Lucius, an enigmatic Demon swordsman, challenges the Titans solo and seemingly without a care for injury or fatigue. His manner of dress suggests that he is a denizen of the Reaper Clan.
He seeks the goddess in order to get rid of his immortality, which was a terminal illness that was going to kill him a very long time ago until his sister wished for the Goddess not to let him die.
In the end, he uses his wish to undo Sylvie's wish for immortality so that she doesn't suffer his fate.
However, Tiana uses her own wish to set him free from immortality
- An Axe to Grind: One weapon of choice.
- Blade on a Stick: One weapon of choice.
- Blood Knight
- Can't Catch Up: When he does join you at last, he'll still be at the level you trained him. This is a particularly hard thing to do, unlike Mari, since the next Titan has some nasty monsters that can knock him out... unless you take the long route and train him in a previous Titan.
- Cool Sword: One weapon of choice.
- Death Seeker
- Gory Discretion Shot: Lucius is ambushed by a group of giant spiders at Titan Slon, and he gets this.
- Katanas Are Better: His main Weapon of Choice over all the other ones he has.
- Limit Break: His Bursts involve instant KOs.
- One-Man Army: His entire chapter forces you to play as a one-man army.
- Really 700 Years Old: He's probably beyond 300 years due to his immortality.
- Soap Opera Disease
- Unexplained Recovery: Just as you think he was slaughtered by giant spiders, the next time you reach the room you see that he somehow killed every single one of them.
- As it turns out, he's got immortality. Every time he dies, he only comes back to fight for more.
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: It's explained that he was given immortality through the goddess a long time ago, so he wants to wish her to get rid of it.
- This is also the reason why he doesn't want to be around Sylvie. He doesn't want to experience the pain of losing someone dear to him by outliving them.
- Weapon of Choice: Lucius is a special case. He has more choices than the other party members.
A recently fledged Golem Clan prince. Though he may now be considered an "adult" due to being a fledgling, he's still a boy at heart. Is currently on the run from his hundreds of rather large and aggressive fiancées. He wants to wish Clunea to turn him back to his young form. But then he changes his mind about his wish after being told several times that he's not all that bad as he makes himself out to be.
- An Axe to Grind
- Apologetic Attacker: Most of the time, he says sorry to the enemies he just killed.
- He does say later on that battle is very thrilling to him. Of course, he's under his Sanity Slippage state when he says this...
- Bowties Are Cool
- Butt Monkey: He's got shades of this to Mari when he starts talking to her because he thinks she's very special. Unfortunately, Mari admires Fang because of his driven attitude that she wishes to have some day, yet she doesn't mind Hector at all. Hector is wrecked.
- Cannot Spit It Out: He does this to Mari, but she rejects him.
- Cowardly Lion: When he hired a guide and spent too much time trying to find a key at the Temple of Trials, Hector ran away and left his guide behind. Luckily, Fang happened to crash in there... literally.
- Dishing Out Dirt
- Extra Ore Dinary
- Gameplay and Story Segregation: He loaned a guide for a ton of money, but that doesn't mean you can use his stash to buy supplies.
- Gentle Giant
- Growing Up Sucks: Fledging has caused him a lot of trouble. He ultimately decides not to wish for anything.
- Laughing Mad
- The "I Love You" Stigma: To little Mari. It results in a Moment Killer. But she has a good reason...
- Limit Break: Lvl. 1 - Megaton Crush
- Mighty Glacier
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Royals Who Actually Do Something
- Sanity Slippage: He slowly descends into madness after Mari outright tells him that she'll never love him no matter what he does.
- Which is a very literal sense, since Mari herself lacks a heart but never tells him about this. Hector greatly misinterprets it as a result.
- Wolverine Claws: His second weapon of choice. Great if you don't want him to hit for last using axes.
"Oh, you poor thing! This is why I asked you not to look!"
A shy Gorgon mage with the power to turn living beings into stone at a glance. Unfortunately, her androphobia tends to lead to a trail of unlucky petrified admirers. As a result, her greatest desire is to rid herself of this troublesome phobia with the help of the Goddess. After clearing Darius, she spends the only wish to get rid of her fear of men.
- Absolute Cleavage: She even has a red snake... uh... having Marshmallow Hell.
- Badass Adorable
- Cute Monster Girl
- Expressive Hair: Rather, snakes. If she's flustered, the snakes on top of her head become ticked off.
- Gainaxing: Lapis has a sprite that has her bounce in... more ways than one.
- Gorgeous Gorgon
- Healing Hands
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: She's got a crush on Fang, but she decides that Fang and Tiana make a better couple.
- Limit Break: Massive healing spells. Her first Burst is a free full cure.
- Luminescent Blush
- Magical Eye: Her right one is green and her left one is red. Supposedly, her red eye is the one that causes petrification to men only.
- Male Gaze: She even has a skill named Sexy Body...
- Marshmallow Hell: She's the first one to get her wish granted, and she immediately tests it out on Fang. Relieved, she does this to him.
- Shock and Awe
- Shrinking Violet
- Squishy Wizard
- Stripperiffic: Her cloak probably covers more of her body than the rest of her outfit combined.
- Taken for Granite: The fate of people unlucky enough to stare at her eyes. Fang and the team avoid this altogether, though, and they can look at her just fine. She even takes her hood off in occasion, and that doesn't turn Mari into stone because her clan can only turn men into stone. In truth, she can only petrify men because of her androphobia.
- White Magician Girl
- Useless Useful Spell: Her Full Area Heal move, ironically. It can heal everybody fully. The kicker? It needs 228 MP. You're better off using a Healing Crystal or a rest area...
Still, your actions saved my life. I thank you.
An emotionless Mandrake girl
who doesn't say much. Seems Wise Beyond Their Years
when she does speak, but why a child would be wandering about a Titan on her own is the greater mystery. In the end, it is revealed that her wish is to gain a heart because she's a originally a doll animated by an old woman who passed away just recently... But then it's revealed that she already had one all along, and that she had been sad for her grandmother all this time.
- Blunt "Yes": To Hector's question about his love confession to her, to which he asks if that's just it to her.
- Can't Catch Up: She comes at Level 1 while your party members are Level 5 or above. Luckily, she levels up quite quickly in the very same dungeon.
- Cry Cute: She finally is able to cry by herself after realizing she was sad for her grandmother all along.
- Emotionless Girl: She's a living doll given life as a Mandrake girl through her "grandmother"'s wish. However, her life is only reflected on the surface, but she lacks a heart for compassion and love.
- Hair Decorations: Leaves.
- An Ice Person
- Limit Break: Hers involves lots of status effects on all enemies in battle.
- Little "No"/Brutal Honesty: Bluntly tells hector that she can never come to love him whatever he does. Justifiable, considering she had no emotions to begin with (or so she thought). Unfortunately, Hector takes this the wrong way...
- Moment Killer: When she says that she likes Hector, it makes him happy... until Mari starts to add that she likes everyone else.
- Musical Assassin: Sticking her to the back row is not bad. She can ignore the damage penalty and deal considerable damage using her harp.
- Plant Person: Has vines decorating her clothing.
- Squishy Wizard
- The Stoic
- Token Mini-Moe
- Useless Useful Spell: Inverted. Having Mari around groups of enemies is a blessing, as she can put almost anything to sleep and you can hack them all away.
- What Is This Thing You Call Love?: Says that it's not her concern to feel love if she can't feel it, because she has no heart at all. Then it turns out all this time she does have one.
- Wise Beyond Their Years
"No matter how odd, Each person's wish is very important to them."
Voiced by: Kanae Itō
(Japanese) and Heather Hogan (English)
A somewhat prim and proper Reaper Black Mage
on a mission. She is brave, kind, and sincere despite the ominous reputation that Demon World clans tend to have above ground.
She undertakes the Holy Ordeals along with Tiana and Niko. She is Lucius's younger sister.However, she's not really his sister. It's just a descendant who looks just like her when Lucius was ill 300 years ago.
Her personal wish to Clunea turns out to be immortality in order to spend the eternity with Lucius
- A-Cup Angst: Played with — during a Hot Springs Episode, she's embarrassed of her chest size, though other girls tease her that she might be bigger than she thinks.
- Black Mage: It's even in her description. She can use all sorts of elemental powers.
- Dark Is Not Evil
- Hair Decorations: Curved bones including the ones circling behind her arms, yet she looks just as sweet as ever.
- Identical Grandson: According to Lucius, Sylvie looks just like his real sister.
- Lethal Chef: She's actually a very good cook. Just don't ask her what she used to make food, since her clan uses weird ingredients.
- Limit Break
- Living Forever Is Awesome: Her true wish is this so that she can spend the eternity with Lucius forever.
- Then it gets subverted once Lucius uses his wish to undo hers.
- My Greatest Failure: Sylvie feels guilty for her ancestors wishing immortality to Lucius, thinking she is to blame for it.
- Nice Girl
- One-Hit KO: A passive skill allows her to do this with a simple smack of her weapon if she's lucky. You're unlucky if she ends up killing a monster that can be unchained, though...
- Regenerating Mana: A passive skill allows Sylvie to restore MP in two ways: either she gets hit or she defeats an enemy. Judging how crucial MP is in this game, she's going to be a blessing for dungeon explorations.
- The Stoic: She's a little more emotional than Mari, and she keeps Tiana and Niko from doing rash things.
"Yeah! The three of us together will be lots more fun than just me alone!"
A goofy, somewhat excitable Spirit Fox with nine tails and a keen sense of smell. She is very friendly and tomboyish but does show her feminine side from time to time. She also has an unhealthy love of buttons
, especially the ones that drop boulders on your head when pushed.She realizes that she's smart if she puts her mind into it when solving a tricky door puzzle in Titan Aguila.
The wish-granting goddess.
Characters from Exxiv
The protagonist and sole survivor of the infamous world-destroying Ouroboros Dragons.
Artist: Haruyuki Morisawa
An avatar of Clunea, created immediately after the latter was sealed away by Zodias.
Voiced by: Shiori Mikami (Japanese)
A mysterious Demon swordswoman who, surprisingly, wants to be "manly" in order to settle a score with a man she only knows as the "Dark Knight"
An energetic Harpy thief who just wants to see her parents.
Mint's "younger brother", a hulking Fenrir swordsman.
Voiced by: Minami Tsuda (Japanese)
An physically frail Vampire who nevertheless is a powerful Black Mage
. He travels to grant his wish of becoming strong.
A Demon butler who serves Emil while at the same time snarking about their situation.
A prideful Dragon Princess and descendant of Fang and Tiana
The Dark Knight
An enigmatic warrior with some connections to Hilda.
The rebellious god who overthrew Clunea.