Characters: Trick 'r Treat
open/close all folders
Played By: Quinn Lord
A strange young trick-or-treater wearing a flour sack mask and orange pyjamas, Sam appears throughout the film without much purpose.
He originally appeared in Michael Dougherty's short "Seasons Greetings". However, it becomes clear there's more to Sam than there appears. He is revealed to be the Spirit of Halloween
, laying the law down on those who break the rules of Halloween (wear a costume, give out candy, never extinguish a jack o'lantern before midnight) with killing intent and revealed to be an Improbable Weapon User
and a Killer Rabbit
. His fight with Mr. Kreeg reveals him to be a pumpkin-headed demon of sorts
, hence why he wears the mask.
- All Hallows' Eve: What he exists for.
- Awesome Sack: Sam carries a sack around with him which contains candy and weapons.
- Beneath the Mask: Sam's face is really a skull-like pumpkin head.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Sam appears to be a regular innocent trick-or-treater. Guess again.
- Bigger Bad: He is present in all segments, but only has an active role in one. Helps that the is the spirit of Halloween.
- Ceiling Cling: This proves that Sam's not human.
- Chekhov's Gunman
- Cool Mask
- Creepy Child: Oh hell yeah!
- Cute and Psycho: There is something infantile and childish about the way he behaves (whilst not killing people, anyway)
- Did You Just Have Tea With Cthulhu: Steven, Rhonda and Mr. Kreeg to an extent share this trope with him, Steven and Mr. Kreeg giving him candy whilst Rhonda pretty much worships Samhain (the original form of Halloween.)
- Early-Bird Cameo: Over ten years before the film in the short film Season's Greetings.
- Even Evil Has Standards: despite not talking and generally causing a majority of deaths in the movie he will leave people alone if they follow halloween tradition and did look a bit setback in The School Bus Massacre Revisited in comparison to Surprise Party.
- Fingerless Gloves
- Fluffy the Terrible
- Giggling Villain
- Implacable Man
- Improbable Weapon User: Sam carries a sack of candy with him...which he uses as weapons. He attacks Kreeg with a razor blade in a chocolate bar, and then turns a lollipop into bladed weapon which he uses to kill Emma.
- Ironic Nursery Tune: "Give me something good to eat..."
- Kick the Dog: Literally. It's implied he harms Mr. Kreeg's attack dog.
- Pet the Dog: In some of the FEARnet promos but especially the Father's Day short.
- Kids Are Cruel: But only if people break or ignore the rules of Halloween.
- Killer Rabbit: Actually played for laughs in an Easter trailer promoting FEARnet's future 24 hour marathon of the film.
- Meaningful Name: Sam is actually short for "Samhain", the Celtic god of death and harvest, and the original form of Halloween. Even more meaningful when he is the spirit of Halloween.
- Nigh Invulnerable: He can survive having a bullet blown through his head.
- Psychic Powers
- Room Full of Crazy: Sam decorates Mr. Kreeg's bedroom with a flaming pumpkin, and blood written across the walls and ceilings of the Ironic Nursery Tune.
- Scary Scarecrow: He's dressed like one.
- The Reveal: He's a pumpkin-headed serial killer-like spirit of Halloween.
- The Speechless: Sam doesn't say a word aside from giggling and screaming.
- To the Pain: If someone breaks the rules of Halloween.
Main Characters in "The Principal"
Principal Steven Wilkins
Played By: Dylan Baker
A seemingly innocent school principal who loves Halloween, Steven Wilkins actually hates
those who disrespect the customs of Halloween and kills those who break the rules.
He has a son, Billy, who appears to be molding into his Daddy's Little Villain
. He later moonlights as a vampire-like man wearing a hooded cloak, and stalks Laurie. Unfortunately, this doesn't go well when Laurie is revealed to be a werewolf wanting her first kill, and Steven is the unlucky victim.
Played By: Connor Christopher Levins
Billy is Steven's loud, but beloved child who loves spending time with his father, particularly on Halloween. He is very enthusiastic about carving the jack o'lantern, actually Charlie's severed head.
He also considers Charlie Brown
to be an asshole.
Played By: Brett Kelly
A Fat Bastard
kid who uses Halloween to cause mischief and steal candy, even though he's diabetic. His attempt to steal candy from Steven's porch results in Steven poisoning him. His head is then removed and used as a jack o'lantern.
Main Characters in "The School Bus Massacre Revisited"
Played By: Britt McKillip
Played By: Jean-Luc Bilodeau
Played By: Isabelle Deluce
Played By: Alberto Ghisi
Played By: Samm Todd
The School Bus Kids
Eight disturbed children who were sent to their watery deaths thirty years ago. They are brought back from the dead by Sam to exact their Ghostly Goals
Main Characters in "Surprise Party"
LaurieA young, pretty girl
Laurie wishes to spend this Halloween trying to have her "first time". She's accompanied by her older sister Danielle, and two other friends, who are all going to a party together. She spends much of the film wandering around dressed as Little Red Riding Hood
until she attacked by a vampire, actually Steven
. However, she turns the tables on him and reveals she is in fact a werewolf and her first time is actually killing and eating a man.
Played By: Lauren Lee Smith
Played By: Rochelle Aytes
Played By: Moneca Delain
Main Characters in "Meet Sam"
Steven's neighbour, an aging Jerk Ass
recluse with a Dark and Troubled Past
. He has an Angry Guard Dog
named Spite (seriously), and arms himself with a shotgun if there's trouble. In the film, Mr. Kreeg hates Halloween and gets an unwelcome visit from Sam, resulting into a Hopeless Boss Fight
with the supernatural child. It is revealed that he is the bus driver who planned on driving eight insane children to their deaths thirty or so years ago, being the only survivor after the school bus the kids were on was accidentally driven into a lake by one of the scared children.
Mr. Kreeg survives his encounter with Sam, but is later visited by the undead bus children who kill him.
Emma and Henry
Played By: Leslie Bibb & Tahmoh Penikett
A loving couple who have an unpleasant Halloween with their various run-ins with the other characters, plus Emma wearing a bulky robot costume. Returning home, Henry runs inside to watch a sex tape whilst Emma clears up the Halloween decorations before midnight, resulting in Sam paying her a visit and killing her by slashing her throat with a broken lollipop.
- Continuity Cameo: Emma and Henry appear throughout the film, often helping to establish continuity in the Anachronic Order.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Since Emma is chronologically the last person to die in the film, Sam is so annoyed at this point with rulebreakers that he slashes her throat and then cuts her body up and hangs it on display about the garden.
- Dead Star Walking: Emma dies before the opening credits, although chronologically she's the last casualty of the night.
- Lazy Husband: Apparently he sleeps for half the day, plays video games for the other, and likes watching sex tapes.
- Robot Girl: Invoked, but she's only wearing a costume.
A mysterious man shrouded in darkness who stalks Sam in the short Season's Greetings. He follows Sam into an alley way, and appears to beat him up. That is until Sam emerges carrying the man in his sack. Does not appear in the film proper, but is featured in the Season's Greetings